Chapter 36: Aye, That's Pretty Good

Int. Penguin Sniper's Darts and Billiards – Moments Later

After learning the rules of the game, they all start a partner game of 301.

Goro Akechi: Alright, so the teams are Akira and Makoto, Ann and Ryuji, and myself and Yusuke.

Yusuke laughs to himself.

Yusuke Kitagawa: How delightful...

Akechi, nervously, laughs.

Goro Akechi: Glad you're so excited. So, what team would like to go, first?

Akira Kurusu: Makoto can barely hold her excitement in, so we'll go first.

Makoto Niijima: HEY! Don't put words in my mouth.

Goro Akechi: Alright. Let's see how you two do.

Akira picks up one of the darts and lines up his shot.

Goro Akechi: Now, this is your first game so don't let that...

Not listening to Akechi, Akira throws the dart and gets a bullseye, causing the electric dartboard to light up.

Akira Kurusu: Hm, not too shabby.

Akechi is surprised by this.

Goro Akechi: A...bullseye on your first attempt.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Truly a remarkable leader...

Goro Akechi: Leader?

Ann punches Yusuke in the arm.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Ow, that quite hurt...

Ann Takamaki: He just means that Akira is kind of like the ring leader of the group, that's all.

Goro Akechi: Ah, I understand.

Akira grabs his second dart, aims and throws it, hitting another bullseye with ease. Everyone remains shocked while he picks up his third dart, aims it and throws it, once again, hitting the bullseye.

Akira Kurusu: Aye, that's pretty good.

Goro Akechi: Pretty good...you just nailed three bullseyes with absolute ease. Are you sure have never played before?

Akira Kurusu: Nope, never touched this game in my life.

Ryuji Sakamoto: I swear this man is like the guy who doesn't study but scores high on the tests.

Makoto Niijima: Obviously not, because he needs tutoring...

Akira turns to Makoto.

Akira Kurusu: Well, it's your turn. Let's see those skills of yours, miss student council president.

Makoto Niijima: It's...just a game of precision and balance...shouldn't be that difficult.

Makoto picks up one of the darts and aims for the bullseye.

Makoto Niijima: Piece of cake.

Makoto throws the dart and completely misses the dart board, altogether, and the dart sticks into the wall next to it. The group stare blankly at her while Ann hides her laughter in, to the best of her ability.

Goro Akechi: Uh, Makoto, you do realize that you are supposed to aim for the dart board, correct?

Akira Kurusu: Damn, that lack of motor skills development must have hit you hard, huh?

Makoto Niijima: SHUT UP! That...was just a fluke.

Makoto picks up another one of the darts and aims at the bullseye, once again. She throws the dart and completely misses the dart board, again and almost hits Akechi, who ducks, before it can it him.