Chapter 35: Too Soon To Hold Hands

Int. Café Leblanc – Continuous

Akira leads Makoto up the stairs to the attic. Morgana is sitting on his bed, staring at them both.

Morgana: She actually showed up? Damn, I thought she was just going to leave you hanging. I can't believe you're showing her this place...that's pretty ballsy. I wouldn't blame this girl if she left as soon...

After looking over the room, Makoto smiles to herself.

Makoto Niijima: This is actually a very clean and well-organized room. It has a very homey feel. It's quite nice.

Morgana: You have to be fucking kidding me!

Akira Kurusu: I'm glad you like it.

Makoto notices the old fashioned tv.

Makoto Niijima: Wow, I haven't seen one of these in forever. My dad bought our family one of these years ago.

Makoto studies the tv.

Morgana: One of these days there's going to be a female who sees this shit shack for what it really is!

Makoto makes her way over to Morgana and sits next to him on the bed. She begins to pet him.

Makoto Niijima: He sure is a talkative little guy. He hasn't stopped meowing since I've come up here.

Morgana: AYE, I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD TOUCH ME! Get your...you know...I'll allow it.

Morgana lays down as Makoto continues to pet him.

Akira Kurusu: Seems like he's taken a liking to you which is a rarity for him. Believe me.

Makoto Niijima: I've always wanted a pet but my parents were too busy to get one when I was younger and the last couple of years my sister still wouldn't allow it. Apparently, they're a distraction, according to her.

Akira Kurusu: Oh yeah, that's right. You have a sister. Are you two close?

Makoto Niijima: Very. She actually works as a prosecutor. She's quite a bit older than me, though. Wait, have you met her before?

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, she showed up here one day and uh...introduced herself.

Makoto Niijima: Really? I wonder why she would come here?

Akira Kurusu: On a more important note, is she single?

Makoto scowls at Akira.

Akira Kurusu: Ha...just kidding...

Makoto Niijima: Doesn't matter. She wouldn't date you, regardless.

Akira Kurusu: Ouch, that's kind of harsh, don't you think?

Makoto Niijima: Don't take any offense. My sister thinks relationships are a waste of time too.

Akira Kurusu: Is there anything that she doesn't think is a waste of time?

Makoto Niijima: Other than work, not really.

Akira sits on the mattress next to Makoto.

Akira Kurusu: So...uh...you like NBA YoungBoy?

Makoto Niijima: Huh, OH THAT! I was just...on occasion, I may listen to him.

Akira Kurusu: You don't have to act so embarrassed about it. I had a buddy, who used to listen to him quite a bit.

Makoto Niijima: Was he someone who you used to go to school with back in America?

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, he was the one who...