Chapter 2: Another Satisfied Customer

Int. Café Leblanc – Morning

The date is now Monday, May 3rd; Akira enjoys a nice cup of coffee and curry that Sojiro has prepared for him; his phone vibrates while he is in the middle of eating. He checks his phone to see who it is. It's a text from Ryuji, saying, "Aye, since we have off from school today due to the teacher work day thing, want to sell that medal? I don't know about you but I could use some spending money right about now." Akira texts Ryuji back, "Yeah that works, just let me know where you want to meet." Sojiro notices that Akira is texting and not eating the food.

Sojiro Sakura: Don't let that curry get cold, it loses its flavor.

Akira Kurusu: Oh, my bad...

Akira places his phone back in his pocket.

Sojiro Sakura: You got plans for today?

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, this one guy just texted me that he wanted to hang out today...

Sojiro Sakura: It's crazy that you've actually been able to make friends like this, especially in your case. These friends aren't bad influences are they?

Akira Kurusu: Nah, they're fine.

Sojiro Sakura: Well, when are you going to let me meet them; I'm dying to see what kind of kids want to hang out with someone...like you.

Akira Kurusu: "Like me?"

Sojiro Sakura: Yeah, a weirdo...no offense...you're just kind of strange, kid...

Akira Kurusu: I mean, we have tests coming up. I could invite them over for a study session...

Sojiro Sakura: Perfect, how does tomorrow night sound; I'll close the shop a little early so you all can study down here.

Akira Kurusu: You don't have to do that...

Sojiro Sakura: I insist...you better finish eating, though, if you have someone waiting on you...oh, and just leave the dish, I'll go ahead and wash it for you.

Akira Kurusu: Thanks.

Sojiro Sakura: Yeah...

Akira starts eating his food faster so he can finish sooner and meet Ryuji to sell the medal.

Ext. Shibuya – Afternoon

Akira meets up with Ryuji at the shopping district in Shibuya.

Ryuji Sakamoto: What's up, you got the medal?

Morgana pops his head out of Akira's backpack with the medal in his mouth.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Alright then, I figured we could just sell it at that weapon shop...I feel like he might be able to give us something for it.

Akira Kurusu: Do you think he'll be able to tell it's fake?

Ryuji Sakamoto: Hopefully, not...although, he does seem pretty...observant...why did you bring the cat?

Akira Kurusu: He wouldn't stop whining about being left alone so I brought him, hoping it would shut him up.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Did it work?

Akira Kurusu: No, he still won't stop making dumb ass comments every couple seconds.

Morgana: You two know I can hear your bitch asses through this back pack, right? Don't act like my presence isn't a blessing!

Akira and Ryuji make their way to the gun shop.

Int. Air Soft Store – Afternoon

The two boys wander inside of the air soft store in Shibuya and, as usual, the owner, Munehisa Iwai, is sitting behind the counter, reading a weapons magazine. He looks up and notices who it is; he puts the magazine down on the counter.