Chapter 5 - Extra - Why did I even want this?

POV: Aizawa

Come on, the school year would start. My excitement was racing, but down. In that class would be the new All Might disciple who could not control her powers, the son of Endeavor and a totally freaked out boy I saw on the entrance exam. Why did I really want to be a teacher?

I was so out of patience that I didn't even get out of my sleeping bag to go to the classroom. The beginning of the school year was the worst, with all those babies full of hope who were going to give up at the first moment.

And there were already two students all happy at the door. One of them was the All Might girl. With a child's body like that, it was no surprise that she couldn't stand the quirk of the unbearable number one hero.

After the presentation I took them outside and started to explain how the tests would work, except that their happy faces irritated me, so I added the expulsion rule. It would be great to start the year by expelling some soft ass.

The tests were passing and I was taking notes about each student, Midoriya did not use her quirk, she was waiting for the best moment to get hurt. It was depressing, she would never become a hero with that way of behaving. When I saw that she would use her quirk, I activated my erasure.

"I'm sure I used it ..."

"I erased your quirk."

"My God, are you Eraser Head?" She looked surprised, but I ignored it.

It would be a pleasure to expel her, at least it would show All Might that courage is not everything. I used my capture gun to get her closer, maybe if I intimidated her a little she would have given up before she even hurt herself for nothing.

"It doesn't make sense, how did someone like you enter this academy? From what I've noticed, you have no control over the maximum strength of your quirk, that is, you cannot use it efficiently. Do you think someone will save you after getting hurt all over again?"

"I was just going ..."

She started to respond and I tightened the straps around her arms even more.

"There is an unbearable hero who made his name by rescuing more than a thousand innocents from a disaster that he himself caused. You even have the courage ... But face it, your "power" is not going to help you become a hero, Izuku Midoriya."

I looked at her steadily, except that instead of looking more frightened, Midoriya changed her expression to a look of determination, even smiled in a mocking way.

"Why don't you let me go and give me another chance? After all, you didn't even let me try. I don't care if you find All Might unbearable, I'm here to try my best."

"Let's get this over with."

I put her on the ground, she threw and the ball went out far, she had beaten the record for the classroom. Her finger was broken and bleeding.

"I can still move."

She had tears in the corners of her eyes, that must have hurt, but her look of determination remained the same. She was interesting.

"Oi! What the fuck is this, Deku? EXPLAIN."

The burst boy started to go towards Midoriya and I stopped him. What was that, anger at having your record broken? No, it was certainly something else.

"What the fuck is that?"

"It is my weapon of capture, an alloy of steel twisted with carbon nanofibers. We are wasting time on this childishness. Let's go to the next test."

I said and the students continued. Midoriya even without using her quirk anymore, performed the other activities in a normal way with her finger in that state.

Okay, now I understood All Might a little bit, there was something about her. Perhaps her insistence. Or maybe she had already gone so far down the rock that now all she had to do was struggle until she climbed.

"Time to show the results The total is the sum of each of your notes. If I speak one by one it will take too long. So I'll just show them all at once. And oh, that expulsion thing was a lie. It was a logic trick for everyone to do their best."

The classroom celebrated. It seems that it was a lie. I never lie. I just changed my mind. If not I would have to expel Midoriya with her poor performance.

"Midoriya, now go to the infirmary to get a bandage. And get ready that starting tomorrow I will turn your life into a real test." I punched her lightly in the head.

"I can't wait, Professor."

She smiled and left.

I dismissed the room and made my way inside.

"Aizawa, you liar."

All Might was standing in the shade of the buildings in his yellow suit, what a horrible color.

"Oh, All Might, so you were watching? You must have been worried about your protégé then."

"A logic trick? April Fool's Day was last week. You kicked out an entire room last year. You expel students without hesitation when you consider that they have no chance. You already expelled a total of 180 students, did you change your mind because you also felt Midoriya's raw potential?"

He smiled at me with that huge smile and pointed.

"Her chances were greater than zero. That is all. I can expel her at any time if I see that she does not evolve. It is not a cruel thing to end unfounded dreams."

I started walking back, only I stopped and looked back.

"Be careful not to get attached beyond Midoriya's account because she looks like that woman, it will be bad for both of you."

All Might's smile went a little stiff. Despite saying that, he knew it was going to happen anyway.