Chapter 7 - Extra - Watching from afar

POV: Uraraka

Bakugo didn't know he liked Midoriya.

Although I didn't really know either of them and their history, I started to understand.

The first time I saw them was in the entrance exam, he was rude at first, but when I looked at them sideways, I could see him staring at her over and over, even though she didn't notice.

After we all entered the same classroom, the signs became clearer. The constant irritation, the obsession, the hidden worry.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. After all, I wasn't phd in feelings.

However, after that training my conviction grew stronger.

He did not know. And to make matters worse, he confused the feelings inside and externalized them in a way of anger and frustration. Anyone would say, "yes, he hates her for some reason".

But that face as he held her passed out... He didn't even understand why he was sinking into despair.

He hurt her so much that she would have to be sent to the infirmary.

The funniest thing was that it started to make me angry, Midoriya was "Kacchan" over here, "Kacchan" over there. I wasn't sure what she felt, for sure Bakugo was on a much higher level of feeling. Midoriya didn't even seem to consider something like that, liking someone romantically. But her subconscious sought his approval like a dog after its owner.

When she came back to the classroom still all bruised and the first thing she asked me was where he was, my heart sank in a mixture of terrible feelings. The main thing was about my own inability.

When we have a heroine-nurse at school who can take care of almost everything, we don't take our injuries too seriously. But when I saw Midoriya still in that state, I felt terrible. She did almost everything in training, the only thing I did was jump when she told me to and grab me on the bomb.

If I had been more helpful would she have been hurt like that? If I were stronger, would I be able to help her stop Bakugou before they both reached that point?

I needed to get stronger, needed to be able to stand beside her as an equal and not repeatedly watch her get hurt.

The other thing that worried me was Bakugou, I didn't want him to realize that he liked Midoriya and end up talking, I was afraid of what she would answer. He was too destructive, too coarse, and he abused her. It irritated me to think that he thought it was ok to treat her like crap because he himself couldn't understand what he felt and was going through his head. He pushed her away out of fear of his own feelings and when she started to go, he would pull her back aggressively because that's how spoiled kids acted when they were missing something important.

The next day I noticed that Midoriya tried to shake off me and Iida at lunchtime, what would she do now? I also shook off Iida and followed her.

I stopped a few feet away to see that she was stalking the boy who covered half his body in ice. What was she going to do anyway? And by the way, what was going through my head to do that?

I couldn't hear anything, maybe if I approached a little closer...

"What are you doing?"

I turned around nervous at being taken by surprise. It was that girl with the black ponytail who pointed out our team's shortcomings in training. She approached me and noticed that I was snooping on the two of them from a distance. My face blushed.

"I'm worried about my friend's destructive taste for men." It wouldn't do much good to lie, she already saw that I stalked.

"At least this one looks a little better than the blown blonde". She put her hand over her mouth to giggle. She looked all elegant.

"I can't even deny it" I laughed too. "My name is Uraraka Ochako".

"Momo Yaoyorozu" She tilted her head. "But why is she worried about boys in a hero school?"

"She's not" I replied firmly, I didn't want her to think anything wrong about Midoriya. "But she's so slow that she doesn't notice that she's surrounded by stupid wolves."

"Your concern for her is very sweet, Uraraka." Momo's tone of voice was so gentle that I blushed a little.

"Girls have to take care of themselves."

Momo was excited with a sentence and we started talking about other things, only later I noticed that I found her there because Momo was having lunch alone, I was her first friend from school. We went back to the classroom, but before we went I took one last look back to see smoke coming out of the boy's face, it seemed to be melting the ice.