Chapter 19 - Extra 1

POV: Todoroki

"It's all right"

My mother's voice came to mind. I felt sick right away, that discomfort every time I thought of her, of the vague, jumbled memories I had of my childhood.

In front of me Midoriya was screaming at me, in a sorry state, some fingers were broken, the glassy eye of those who were holding on to not faint, I didn't want to hurt her so much, the fight was already going on longer than I would like, even so at that moment anger began to burn inside me.

"Did my bastard father ask you to talk to me, Midoriya?" I ran towards her, Midoriya was right, I didn't hit her once, I would do it now.

When I got close enough, she reached down and punched my stomach. I've never been punched so hard in my entire life, and I was almost thrown a third time out of the ring.

I didn't understand what the criterion of her power was, we continued attacking each other and there were moments when I could hear her bones breaking, as there were moments when she hit me and left intact. I couldn't bear to see her so hurt.

"Why do you keep moving forward?"

"I will become an amazing heroine". She screamed. "And you keep acting like that, saying you're going to be the number one hero without using all your power is a shit joke. Denying yourself is not a way of rebelling, it's a way of running away. Run away from what you are. And run away from what you're afraid to be".

A tremor ran through my whole body, I couldn't dodge another punch from her, I fell backwards on the floor, pulling the air hard. I tasted vomit at the top of my throat, bringing back memories of that day.

Vomit littering the floor, my mom begging my dad to get away from me.

"Get up! If you can't take it, then forget about All Might. Even a failed villain should take it. " shouted my father.

"Stop with that, please! He's only five years old." My mother stepped in between the two of us, he raised his hand to hit her in the face with a slap that sent her falling to the ground.

"He is already five years old. Do not disturb"

She didn't cry. Not. It was I who cried holding her, later that day.

"I hate this, Mom... I... I don't want to be like Daddy. I don't want to be someone who hurts Mom"

"But you still want to be a hero, right?

"I'll get over you!" Midoriya's scream brought me to reality, I launched another ice attack, which she dodged with ease. "Your ice attacks are getting weaker, Todoroki. When are you going to take this seriously?"

Take seriously.

My brothers were playing outside the house, I felt a tug on my arm.

"Stop spying, start taking it seriously. Your brothers live in a different world from you"

Midoriya punched me again, hitting me in the chin, smearing me with the blood that dripped from an open fracture in her hand.

My mother was talking on the phone.

"Mother... I... I think I'm going crazy... I can't take this... Every day the children look more and more like him... Shoto... this boy's left side ... sometimes it's scary!! I can't take care of him anymore, if I get close to him again, I'll be sick."

"Mommy? I called out to her, not wanting to believe what I was hearing.

She turned around startled, her face in absolute shock, she hung up the phone and grabbed the teapot that was heating water on the stove.