Chapter 23 - Extras

POV: Todoroki

All Might had taken Midoriya once again. She swore to me that she wasn't his daughter, but it was hard not to think she wasn't.

"Do we have English homework?" asked, I really didn't remember.

"We don't have". Uraraka replied with an indecipherable face.

The group was silent, what would we say? Everyone must have their own guess about their relationship, but no one knew for sure. Some teachers should have favorites of theirs and I would believe her.

"I just remembered, but I won 4 amusement park' tickets from Native. In this Saturday. Midoriya said she won't be able to go, so we could go the four of us," said Iida. Native was that super hero we saved from Stain.

"Sorry, Iida, I already made another appointment with the girls," Uraraka replied.

"I also have another appointment. I'm going to visit my mother," I replied.

"I'm free". Tokoyami shrugged his shoulders.

"At least one! We need to find two other people".

Tokoyami and Iida arranged to go look for two other people in the room who could go and I continued the way in silence with Uraraka, it was the first time we were alone.

"Are you going to invite your mother to come on Monday?"

"I don't think she can leave the hospital," I replied.

"Oh, sorry for the question".

"No problem". And it really didn't, none of my friends were obliged to know things I didn't say.

"Todoroki, for any chance, are you going to meet Midoriya on Saturday?" asked Uraraka, she was staring at her shoes.

"No, should I?"

"She told me she's going on a date, but she hasn't told me who are the person. I was wondering who it could be."

"It's not me," I replied. Midoriya on a date? Why did those words together make me... uncomfortable? "Isn't it the... Bakugou?" My voice came out a little shaky when pronouncing his name, it wasn't that, was it? She wouldn't stoop to date him. Me and Uraraka stared at each other for a few seconds and started laughing together.

"It's certainly not him," she replied.

"Of course".

We sat in an uncomfortable silence, what if it was?

We parted with brief greetings without saying anything more on the subject.

***

When I greeted the hospital clerk, she was surprised. I didn't blame her, I was also surprised to have gone there. I was usually visiting her only on weekends, but my feet moved almost on their own, wanted to see her.

I knocked on her door calmly, but my hands still insisted on shaking every time I went there. My mother opened the door and surprise invaded her face, followed by an affectionate smile.

"Shouto! What a surprise to see you here. Please come in". she opens a room for me to pass and so I did. I went straight to sit on the chair next to her bed.

She sat up in bed and I stared at my own hands. Even though it was my fourth visit, I still had trouble meeting her eyes. I felt like a bad son and a bad person.

As if sensing my uncomfortable mood, she got up and went to the fridge in her room, grabbed something from inside and held it out to me. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the cat drawing on the grape juice package.