Chapter 18 - Extra 1 - Each one has their own battle - Part 1

POV: Aizawa

I wasn't surprised when saw Midoriya standing there, her eyes glazed over and her mouth slightly open. I knew that Shinsou's quirk was brainwashed and probably the boy had spent years and years of his life practicing the best way to make people respond to him, whether with provocation or otherwise.

"Can a guy who hasn't shown anything special so far be that scary?" Present Mic yelled beside me to the booth microphone. I rolled my eyes, shall we say his narration was covertly aggressive? "anything special", special is not necessarily what it appears.

"The entrance exam has no logic, that's why Shinsou ended up in the regular class, not because of his quirk". I said, checking if Present Mic's microphone was really off.

"What? What do you mean about no logic?" Present Mic was always a little reactive to any criticism of the school, which, on my part, were not few.

"How do you earn points for yourself if your quirk is controlling others? At most you would get points for another competitor". I held out two papers for him, Midoriya's and Shinsou's file. "They had the same grade on the theory test. There was nothing to be done for the practical test".

Present Mic took the papers to read the two students' data. At the same instant Midoriya broke free from the brainwashing by breaking her own fingers. One thing I couldn't deny was the capacity for pain she possessed.

Midoriya has shown advances in quirk control since the attack on the Training Center, but still considers her the worst in the classroom. The Sports Festival was relatively quiet this year and even then she had already broken two of her fingers and was trying to hide her injured toes from the audience. However, she was still stronger than Shinsou.

For having a quirk like that he neglected physical training.

I tried to scratch my cheek under the bandages, I was fed up with those bandages that covered my whole face.

I watched Midoriya shove Shinsou into the ground the same way Nomu attacked All Might, it was interesting to see the way she evolved learning from others' punches.

However, as thought, Shinsou was physically inferior.

I took a long breath. I had no other choice but to train him. A boy with that quirk should not be removed from the hero life he so much craves or he will end up turning into a villain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov: Shinsou

I lost consciousness. It felt like several, several minutes, but apparently it was just long seconds. As my mind got back on track, along with my breathing, I was reminded of the endless times I'd heard people praising the quirk I possessed.

"It's so cool! Just don't control me, okay?"

"Man, it's looks like a villain's quirk"

"Wow, we can do a lot of nice things if you use brainwashing"

I was always asked to do wrong things by my colleagues. Deceiving a teacher, sneaking out of school, etc. I declined all invitations and that limited my number of friends. Because those who didn't invite me to hang out were afraid to approach me. The first girl I fell in love with said she felt uncomfortable around me, she said I would use my quirk to take advantage of her.

My blurred vision was lining up and I could see Midoriya standing next to me, her eyes filled with tears.

Damn, girls crying were my soft spot. I wanted to use the brainwashing to ask her to stop.