Chapter 8 - The Half and Half Boy - Part 2

When we got back to the classroom, everyone seemed surprised to see the other half of Todoroki, some students even commented on how handsome it was and laughed, but he just thanked them without much enthusiasm.

Some people stared at me for going in with him, three actually, and in a totally different way. Iida was staring at me with a smirk on her face (I deserve it...), Uraraka looked sullen (was she like that why didn't I call her to talk to the pretty boy in the class?) and of course, Bakugou, with an expression between very serious and very angry. I was such an idiot, what else would he think?

Yesterday he told me crying that Todoroki made him feel inferior, today I came back from lunchtime beside him holding a coffee. He would probably think by now that the two of us were talking about and making fun of him. I sat on my desk and sank into it wanting to disappear. Midoriya, you idiot.

Classes went on as normal, and when the bell rang for us to leave. Todoroki stopped by my desk. I stared at him blankly for several seconds, until he realized that I didn't understand.

"You said we'd finish breakfast later."

The boy was really literal. That coffee must have been awful at this point. And to improve, there were still several students in the room who listened. Yesterday Iida calling me sweetie, today the boy talking about the coffee. I had no peace.

"Are you leaving without us?" Uraraka appeared almost like a teleporter there beside us, she wanted so much to go out with Todoroki?

"Let's all go to Moonbrucks!" Iida also appeared. My entire allowance went to coffee apparently, but I was relieved we would have more company.

"Will you pay for me, Iida?" Uraraka, for a change, was very direct.

"Of course, a gentleman always pays the lady's coffee," Iida said proudly, it was almost as if it were already a matter of honor.

"Am I not a lady, Iida?" I said pouting, just managed to have that boldness with both.

"I'll pay for your coffee." Todoroki stared at me as if he'd just found out he had that obligation.

"No need" I said, a bit shrilly and red. "I was joking with Iida, you don't need to worry".

I got up from my desk.

"But I want to pay, I want to thank you for calling me beautiful and to apologize for not drinking the coffee you bought for me".

My face couldn't get any redder.

Before I can respond, I hear a thud. Bakugou also gets up from desk by throwing a punch.

"Now this shitty school turned into a playground for idiots?"

He's gone.

I sighed, the situation with him only got worse.

I thought that little by little, being two students of the heroes course, and both with quirks, we would end up going back to that time in our childhood when we got along better. But apparently we were just getting further apart.

There wasn't much to do if he was going to continue to act in that manner, I sighed again.

The four of us went towards the coffee shop. Along the way, we shared our presentations, after all Uraraka and Iida still didn't know their colleague's name.

"I'll introduce myself again then, I'm Izuku Midoriya."

"Or my sweetie." Iida replied.

"Iida, you really need to stop this" Even after explaining that it was a joke, now it seemed that he used my shame as revenge for the mockery I made to him.