Chapter 10 - Rescue Training - Part 1

The day started calmly, it was only the second week, but I already felt the school routine with normal classes in the morning and special classes in the afternoon. At lunchtime I was almost always in the refectory with Ochako, Iida and Todoroki. Even if the latter disappeared from time to time to have lunch alone.

Kacchan went into a silent mode never seen before, even after the episode at his house over the weekend, he now struggled to pretend I didn't exist. It was so curious that I didn't really know how to react so I started to ignore him too. After all, a neutral relationship was better than a negative one, right?

Right after lunch Aizawa informed us that we would have an external rescue training accompanied by three teachers. We would go by bus to the place, I started to get very excited. It would be another step towards achieving my dreams, I had to do my best!

I had to put on half of my hero outfit along with my gym uniform.

"Your hero outfit was destroyed, right, Deku?" Me and Ochako were already in line for the bus that Iida organized.

"Yes, but the Support Team is already doing another one, so maybe it will come soon." I sighed. "I'm just a little upset, my mom had sewn that one. But what can I do? I think we're still going to lose a lot of uniforms. I just didn't think it would be so fast."

I looked towards Kacchan, the reason for my uniform's destruction. His was so cool with those grenades.

We got on the bus and I sat next to Ochako and Tsuyu, the girl with green hair that resembled a frog. Close to us also sat Mina, Kaminari, Kirishima and Aoyama.

"You know Midoriya, I always say what's on my mind" Tsuyu started and I looked at her a little surprised by the sudden interaction. "Your quirk is very similar to All Might's".

I choked.

"What do you mean, Tsuyu?" - Answers in a squeaky way. "Pff, mine is not..."

"Calm down, Tsuyu, All Might's doesn't hurt his own body." Kirishima intruded on the conversation, maybe he didn't know how much I thanked him internally for that intrusion - "I'm a little envious of these flashy quirks, mine is hardening, It's not even bad to punch someone, but it's not flashy". Kirishima showed his quirk on his arm, it was as rigid as a stone.

"Wow, you really get hard, don't you?"

Kirishima undid his quirk and his face turned really red, my penny dropped.

"Your quirk!"

Mina and Kaminari looked at me with a funny face.

"You guys have a very dirty mind." Ochako grabbed my arm.

"I also know how to get really hard". A thin and irritating voice said that. He was a very short boy, with purple balls in his hair. What a disgusting boy.

"Only if it was hard as a dead man." I replied with a smile on my face and the others laughed. I looked back at Kirishima.

"Does quirk need to be flashy?" I asked, trying to make people forget about the subject of getting hard.

"This pro hero business is also very much associated with popularity". Mina replied

"If we're going to talk about flashy quirks, the ones that win are Todoroki and Bakugo." Tsuyu said. "But with such a stressed personality Bakugo will never be popular".

"What the fuck are you talking about? I'm going to be popular, damn it!" Kacchan, who was sitting in front of us a few steps away, stood up in a scream and leaned on the partition of the bus.

"Did you see?" She replied pointing.

"We haven't even known each other for a long time and we've already seen that your personality smells like shit cooking in the sewer". Kaminari said to Bakugou.