Chapter 18 - Extra 2 - Each one has their own battle - Part 2

Pov : Todoroki

"Get out of my way". I didn't expect to see my father there on the way, but it was also no surprise that he would find a way to annoy me.

"Your behavior is being shameful". He had his arms crossed, leaning against the wall. "If you had used your quirk to its fullest, you wouldn't have fallen behind in both tests. Your rebellion is childish and tiresome. I trained you to surpass All Might and you were born for this, to be my masterpiece, not to lose to a girl who is being trained by him. It's clear from the way she moves. It's unacceptable for you to lose to a girl. Unacceptable".

"Is that all you have to say?" I replied, walking in front of him without stopping, I clenched my fists so much that my knuckles hurt, I hated him, but wouldn't give him the pleasure of losing my composure in front of him. "I will win using my mother's power".

"You will reach your limit. It's almost there. Her power was never enough".

Anger rose like flames through my body, to a point that I almost actually let the flames out. But I clenched my fist tighter and gritted my teeth. When I entered the arena I couldn't hear and understand anything. I just burned. How dare he curse Midoriya? How dare he say my mother's power was never enough? How was he able to stand in front of me and call me a masterpiece? After all, after what was written on my face was an indirect result of him, the way he treated my mother.

I didn't hear when Midnight said we could get started, only realized when Sero's ribbon was wrapped around my waist and I launched an ice attack in his direction. When I blinked, an ice structure larger than the gym's ceiling had formed, starting with Sero.

"Man, that was a bit of an exaggeration". He said, arrested.

Midnight also had ice on parts of her body and asked if he could move, on the negative, she declared me the winner.

I could have killed him. I looked at the structure, towering into the sky as far as the eye could see and approached him, with a weight in my chest.

"I'm sorry, I was a little irritated. I ended up exaggerating".

"It's all right".

But it wasn't all right, even the audience screamed for him not to worry. I looked at the bleachers, not looking for him. My eyes met Midoriya's, it wasn't a scolding look. She was worried and it turned my stomach to an unhappy core. I raised my left hand and started to thaw the ice. After all, it was the left side that carried the weight of what I hated most.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov: Iida

For me there was no other option but to win. Not only did I want first place, but also wanted to prove to Midoriya that we were on the same level. Even if she was subtly showing that we weren't, I wouldn't stop trying.

"Can we talk for a minute, Iida?"

The girl who had been on Midoriya's team in the last competition and was going to face me in the next fight was behind me when I turned to see the source of the voice, Hatsume Mei her name. Her eyes were pleading and she twisted her hand in front of her, causing her arms to squeeze her breasts. I stiffened my back. I don't know what she hoped to get from me.

"Of course, Miss Hatsume".

"Our fight won't be fair if you don't help me. My quirk helps me craft fantastic support gear, and I'll be using a lot of them in battle, so please use one of them in our fight!" Mei stretched out to me a support equipment that I didn't see where it was hiding a few seconds ago. I looked at it for a few seconds "Please, Iida! I know you are an honest man and you want our battle to be as fair and just as possible".