Chapter 12 - Calm before the storm

Many would say that after an attack of that proportions we would be weeks without classes, but that was not the case, after all, U.A was the most renowned Japanese hero school, it could not give the image that it had been enough to destabilize everyone.

Two days after all that, here I was in the Recovery Girl's room, finishing completely healing my arm broken by Nomu, there were thirty minutes to go before the bell.

"At this rate, there will come a time when I won't be able to heal you, Young Midoriya, all bodies have limits, you need to take care of yourself more". Recovery Girl showed genuine concern for her look

I scratched my head.

"Sorry. But anyway, I couldn't let that monster touch Kacchan." I replied and blushed when the words I said made another sense. "Would have done it for anyone in danger" - I was completely squeaky. I lowered my eyes. "Really need to train more, I'm so weak".

"You are only 15 years old, you are not weak". She looked at me kindly. "You shouldn't have to face this kind of thing, that's all".

I looked at her in silence. Did I want a normal high school for heroes? For sure. Would you have it? I doubted it a lot, especially after learning about that villain's plans to kill All Might.

I left the infirmary, I wouldn't go to class yet, if I did, I would probably find someone who also arrived earlier and we would be in that obligation of having to interact because we were the only ones in the room. I started to walk towards the library, yes, no one spoke about it, but it existed. What school wouldn't have a library?

Really, it was a bit hidden, almost on the top floor, if you didn't ask older students or teachers you would never find it. There were books for all the high schools that U.A taught, from heroes to normal. The books were divided by courses and topics, I hadn't gone there looking for anything specific, so I just walked among the white wooden shelves looking at the titles. There was no one but the library clerk there.

Well, that's what I thought. As I turned the corner of a shelf, I was startled by the sudden appearance of a boy standing while leafing through a book, almost bumped into him.

"Sorry, I hadn't seen you". I said bowing slightly in the form of an apology. The boy was tall, so I had to look up a little to see his eyes. If I was 1.60 cm, he was close to 1.77. Her messy hair and eyes with large circles under her eyes were dark purple, her eyebrow was thin. He looked dissatisfied with my appearance.

I looked at the book he was holding.

"The power of the psyche, a weapon or a curse?"

He closed the book sharply, and I looked back at his face.

"Nice! Is your quirk psychic? I've never met anyone like that! Can you show me?" My curiosity overcame my shyness, I couldn't deny it. A quirk in the mental realm? That was really cool, one of the greatest heroines of the past generation had psychic powers!

The boy go away.

Yes, he left. Just like that, he looked at me and without changing a single line of expression he turned away from me and headed towards the exit carrying that book. It was so sudden that I didn't even move.

I could only think:

"Huh?"

Had I said something wrong?

Class would start in a few minutes, so I ran to the room.

Now it was crowded, everyone had arrived.

"Midoriya! I'm glad you recovered". Mina approached me with a hug, then took me by the shoulders and looked at me with a smile. "You look like you just got dumped".