Lungmen Arc, Chapter 34 : Fear And Trust

Yami Pov

The sound of the civilians can be heard loudly on the streets of Lungmen. Some people are walking faster than others, trying to get to their job in time. Children laugh and smile on the road, while their parents hold their hand and take them to school or to daycare. This was all seen and observed by Yami who was sitting at an outside table at a coffee restaurant. His black jacket rested behind him on his chair while he rested one of his elbows on the table and rested his head on his hand, looking at the people on the street. He looked at the people all being happy with their families, all while he can't help himself to have the feeling of wanting something similar. While he was focused on the people on the street, he didn't hear that someone was calling out to him. Of course, this was changed when the one who was calling out to him kicked his leg under the table. Yami instantly jumped slightly and looked at the person in front of him.

Yami : Huh?

????? : Are you listening?

At the other side of the table sitting were a young female with noticeable Zalak race ears and tails, beautiful tied pin hair and a black purplish outfit. She looked at Yami with an annoyed expression while taking a sip from her cup of coffee.

Yami : Sorry Lin I wasn't listening. You were saying?

Artist on twitter : @sanmuyyb

Lin Yühsia : I asked what happened at the L.G.D HQ. You were saying that two people from an organization appeared at the L.G.D HQ.

Yami : Oh right, sorry my mind was somewhere else.

Lin Yühsia : *sigh* It's okay, . . . . . at this point I'm getting used to it.

Yami : Aw don't be like that now. 

Yami : Anyway where was I? Oh yea, so these two people who visited the HQ are apparently from an organization called Rhodes Island which is currently in a joint operation against the Reunion group.

Lin Yühsia : Really? Huh, never thought that Wei Yenwu would ask for help from others.

Yami : I know right? It surprised me as well.

Lin picked her cup up and started to drink the remaining coffee that was left in the cup. All while Yami was eating his caramel toffees. When Lin put down her empty cup, she picked up a napkin to wipe her mouth and placed it down on the table once she was done and looked at Yami with a serious yet annoyed expression.