Selection Arc, Chapter 40 : The Cold Hands Of Judgment

?????? : So she's returning today?

?????? : I believe so.

As everyone on Rhodes Island walking peacefully to their workplace in the morning, two female operators were walking in the hallway. Both females have long beautiful blonde hair, however, one is shorter than the other. The shorter one was carrying a staff and was wearing pure white clothes, horns can be seen on her head indicating that she's from the Sarkaz race. The taller one carried a shield and a weapon that could be a combination of a club and an axe. She was wearing armour that had little symbols of the Rhodes Island logo.

?????? : I hope she didn't get hurt or anything.

?????? : *chuckles* I doubt she got hurt, Liz. She's one of the best healers on Rhodes Island.

 She's one of the best healers on Rhodes Island

Artist on twitter : @niwatoryyyyyy

The short girl who is revealed to be Liz also known as Nightingale smiled at the tall blonde operator before looking towards themself.

Nightingale : Yes, your right.

As were they talking, they entered the elevator that slowly closed its door as now both of them were going up to the landing zones of the base. They received a message that their friend who was on a month-long mission was returning today with some other operators on deck. With that knowledge, they decided to welcome her to the landing zone. Her arrival and their waiting for her is good since the three of them are called to be in the main training room for a meeting.

Timeskip

The sounds of engines and propellers can be heard at the landing zone at Rhodes Island as the chopper slowly descends on the landing zone. When the chopper landed, the engines slowly died down as the platform that the aircraft was on slowly descended to the inside of the base. While the platform slowly descends to the ground, a giant metal door closes where the platform was previously. 

When the platform reached the metal ground, the helicopter opened its ramp door. The ones who were inside the helicopter slowly left it one by one. The last operator stepped out of the aircraft and was holding a sword tightly to their chest. The person slowly put their hoodie off of their head to reveal a beautiful-looking female Sarkaz. Long white hair and two horns pointing left and right up in the air, wearing blackish clothing which was a little bit torn at the end. This person was none other than Rhodes Island well known and one of many's best healers.

Shining.