Lungmen Arc, Chapter 39 : Friendly Talk In The Training Room

Location : Rhodes Island HQ

Tadashi"Ronin" : I still can't get my head around the fact that I got snitched on by my own sister. 

*THWAP*

The sound of catching a ball can be heard echoing throughout the little basketball field. After Tadashi and Ghost returned from the mission in Lungmen, they decided to visit an old favourite location of theirs on Rhodes Island, which was the basketball field next to the Training Room.

Tadashi who wasn't wearing his hoodie part of his cloth is lying on his back while throwing the basketball in the air and then catches it only to throw it up again and catch it again. Meanwhile, Ghost who was without his equipment and simply wore a black shirt, his mask and camo pants, simply stood near him watching him throw the basketball up and down.

Tadashi"Ronin" : Does it really matter if I get some scars or not in the battle? It's a battle for crying out loud.

*THWAP*

Tadashi"Ronin" : It's not like I'm going to die by a single scratch on my finger or something.

Simon"Ghost"Riley : She's just concerned about you, that's all.

*THWAP*

Tadashi"Ronin" : Well she shouldn't, I'm capable of keeping myself safe. 

Tadashi who was lying on his back on the floor throws the ball again up in the air, only to be caught by Ghost who was standing next to him. Ghost started to walk away from Tadashi while bouncing the ball on the ground with one hand. Tadashi wasn't bothered by his action as he simply put both of his arms behind his head and continued to rest in the middle of the field.

*thump*thump*thump*thump*

Simon"Ghost"Riley : Well, you were gone for three years while everyone thought that you kicked the bucket. It's no surprise that she and Kal'tsit and the others are a little bit concerned about you.

Tadashi"Ronin" : *sigh* I was on a mission, Kal'tsit knew about it. As for the others, okay they didn't know but I'm here now. I'm fine and have never been better.

Simon"Ghost"Riley : Well the fact that you didn't contact Kal'tsit in those three years does bring a big question mark.

Tadashi sits up and leans back while supporting himself by putting both of his arms behind him. He smiled as he looked up towards the ceiling of the room.

Tadashi"Ronin" : Chernobog wasn't the most advanced place you know. I couldn't get my radio to work and infiltrating the communication centre would be too dangerous.

The sound of the ball bouncing stopped as Ghost was holding the basketball. His back was facing Tadashi while he looked down at the floor. The silence between the two and in the room made Tadashi raise his eyebrow in confusion. However, what came next made him even more confused. . . . and alarmed.

Simon"Ghost"Riley : What were you really planning, Tadashi? 

Tadashi"Ronin" : . . . . . . . . Huh?

Simon"Ghost"Riley : I know you long enough to know that you could've easily built a makeshift radio and contacted us. Why didn't you?

Upon hearing the question, both of them stood silent as neither of them looked at each other. Tadashi brought his head down and looked towards the floor in front of him. Hearing no answer from him, Ghost started to feel annoyed a little bit, not liking the fact that his friend was apparently hiding something. He knows something is up, the Tadashi that is here right in front of him is different compared to the old one. Ghost was about to ask again until Tadashi spoke first.