Tell her what you're feeling

Lockwood POV
646 words

I sat up slightly, left my arm draped over my face. Bathed beside the crackling fire, my body painted into the cushions, it felt easier like that rather than sitting up and acknowledging the real reason i couldn't sleep. "Hey, Hol." I murmured. Through the bend in my arm i could see her eyebrows furrowed, scrunching up her small face like a bunny.
"..Is it Lucy?"
"What about her?" I knew i couldn't get away with acting clueless, and clearly Holly wasn't buying it.
"Can you make it more obvious?" She rolled her eyes lightly and put down her keys, walked over to me, her dress sashaying across the floor. She sat on the sofa in front of me, half her dark face brighter in the firelight. She just sat there frowning at me, and i soon grew irritated with her expectant, and observant expression that i sat up and stared back at her.

"What?" I demanded.
"Lockwood maybe you should talk to her.. She always listens to you, god only knows how much it would take for her to hear me out, and she's already heard what George had to say about it."
I thought back to the day she announced her departure, George was outraged, he was the first one to speak up. And when Lucy stayed firm he walked right out and slammed the door, leaving the knife stuck in the cutting board. An uneaten chocolate cake, and tension in the air. No one spoke the rest of the day, only hushed voices behind closed doors.
"She won't listen to me, you know what she's like, she has an idea in her head and she'll go for it."
"Just like you." Holly added, leaning back into the sofa and crossing her skinny arms.
"Mh." I stared into the golden and amber flames dancing along the coals and eating at the wooden slabs and scrunched up bits of paper. It felt better than talking about anything, i just wanted to sit in silence and let the fire consume all feelings.

"You need to tell her what you're feeling." That shocked me enough to make me turn and face her golden eyes.
"What?"
"Oh come on Lockwood. You can't let her go! What about that story you told me? When she had left the taxi, and stormed off into Hyde Park? And you chased after her and begged her to stay, and you saved her from those Lurkers!" Remembering that brought back a bittersweet feeling in my stomach. I was so relieved she had listened to reason, but that was ages ago, that didn't matter know.
"Oh don't look like that!" Holly protested. "That clearly shows you can save her again!"
"It's her decision." I shrugged, it was an a uncomfortable feeling, still trapped in my shirt and tie.
"Oh don't give me that, Lockwood, you're heartbroken she even thought about leaving. You went pale as soon as she said it."

I bit my cheek, forcing away the sadness that came crashing through me like a wave. "Look.." Holly breathed, "Just talk to her later... maybe go for a walk, get some air with her. The scenery could change her mind?"
"Yeah.. i suppose it's worth speaking to her about it."
"Exactly." She smiled and stood up, looked around the room for a moment, her eyes surveyed the space for any mess. They fell on the table in front of us, picked up a plate and two mugs, from earlier, and walked out the room. As she left she halted, her back to me. "Be open with her, will you? I know that it's hard for you, but she deserves a little something. And who knows, it could convince her to stay." I could hear her smiling lightly. "Just an observation." Her little shoulders shrugged, sloped back down, and she trotted off.

" Her little shoulders shrugged, sloped back down, and she trotted off