Settled down

Description: LOCKLYLE!!! Lot of fluff that's all I got to say (Read to end to read Authors Note)

Lockwood POV
895 Words

I stood at the till waiting for one of the workers or just someone to show up and talk to me. It gave me a lot of time to think about what exactly just happened. So, Lucy starts acting weird when I had announced we get free pizza. She had been distant earlier but that was the first time in six or so months that she has pushed past me.

Then, I go to her room and she looked disappointed, let down. Was it the way I said something? I started to replay every detail in my head. Going through our conversations one word at a time.
"Lockwood?" Lucy? No, it was George. "You're staring off."
"Yeah I was zoning out." I snap back.
"Alright well, here." He pushed a tray in front of me.
"How have you already finished with your drinks?" I asked taking the tray and pushing it onto the counter.
"Kipps and I drink fast, and surprisingly Lucy does too." He tilted his head, took off his glasses and cleaned them on his t-shirt. When he put them back on he had a shit eating grin to give me.

"What's that supposed to mean??" I leaned back against the bar.
"In all seriousness.. You know I suck at emotions." He said plainly, a painful look now dawned his expression, as if it crippled him to even say the word 'emotions'
"Yes I know. What are you trying to say George?"

"Well.. You and Lucy, have more tension. I mean, I was going to sit back and watch you dumbasses figure everything out by yourselves. Even if that took years off my lifespan I will never get back. But for some reason, something's wrong. I don't know if it's something you did, or Lucy. Probably you. But sort it out because it's getting annoying." His caring expression dropped at the end, as he lost all energy to keep it up. And his voice went back to being monotoned. "Now, the waitress is here, and I'm expecting your paying as I'm broke so." And with that he walked off.

The rest of the night just got even more confusing. I sat on what George had told me for the rest of the time at the pub. We drank and ate our pizzas which to be honest were surprisingly not bad, even if the bottoms were pretty burnt. Kipps disappeared later into the evening. Presumably off with the waitress from before.
"I always assumed Kipps was gay." George stated plainly.
"George! Oh my gosh." Holly laughed. Lucy laughed too, she swung her arms back and forth. Her cheeks were rosy. I hadn't realised it but we were walking closer and closer together.

"What? Come on, have you ever seen him with a girl?"
"Well there's Kat." Lucy laughed, "She's a bitch though."
"Aw I thought you two got along?" I smirked and Lucy pushed me.
"That's not funny! She's annoying."
"Oh she's not that bad." Holly shrugged.
"You don't get what it's like for us Listeners!" Lucy threw her hands up in the air, "If i hear something and she doesn't she's always like 'Ohh well I didn't hear that so you're just crazy'" Lucy groaned.
"Well that's just because you're the best Listener in all of London. And she's jealous."

I took Lucy's arms. She stared up at me, her dress shimmered in the moonlight. Suddenly I realised, it's not that she wanted space or she hated me or she was sick of me, she needed me. Or rather I needed her. I needed her as bad as breathing or as bad as I needed a heart to pump me blood and keep me alive. I was in love with Lucy Carlyle. And even though I had indeed realised it. I don't think it had ever truly sunken in, just how much I loved her.
"Luce." I whispered, she stood on her tiptoes. Her nose brushed against mine.
"Lockwood.."
"Lucy I'm so sorry." I moved my hands down from her arms to her hands, she pressed her hands into mine. Our foreheads met.
"Lockwood." She repeated, like a prayer.
"I should have told you. All those years ago. I should have told you before you left me."
"Oh it wouldn't have changed a thing." She scolded, reached her hand up and cupped my cheek.

"I love you."
"I love you too, Lockwood."

Ignoring the squeal we heard from Holly who was obviously watching us, we finally let ourselves admit it. No more avoiding. No more secret glances.

We made it back to the Inn, hand in hand, swaying. We all kicked off our shoes.
"Anyone up for a hot chocolate?" I asked.
"Mh." George groaned, he held up a hand and motioned to the stairs.
"Take that as a no, then. How bout' you, Hol?"
She smiled. "Oh, I need to get to doing my skin care so, I'll be off upstairs, thanks." She followed George up the stairs.
"I'll have one if you don't mind." Lucy smiled, and leaned into me. I gratefully wrapped my arm around her.
"Of course my, dear." We laid down together on the sofa in the lounge, read some shitty news stories and drank our hot cocoa.

After all that, we fell asleep arm wrapped around each other. She was finally mine, I was finally hers.

A/N: I'm sorry i haven't been posting very often, just been super busy and unmotivated to write these chapters

thank you so much for reading still! and for the people who vote!