Poems

Lucy POV
1723 Words

🎵I'm in love for the first time
Don't you know it's gonna last?
It's a love that lasts forever
It's a love that has no bad🎵
-Don't Let Me Down by The Beatles

The Library was open, but there weren't many people there. reading lights on desks gave off an orange hue of light. Multicoloured books lined shelves and desks. We walked up the slope and opened the big brown doors. The place smelt like leather, soft carpets and old books. It was inviting. Rain had started to pour outside so it was nice to be somewhere warm.

"Okay," Lockwood brought out a piece of paper George had given him with directions and information, "So.. we go to that isle, it should be through there to the right or whatever," He showed me the paper. It had a little diagram. He flipped it over in his hands, there were bullet points on the back in George's neat handwriting. "Blah blah blah, okay seems easy enough." He folded the paper and put it back in his jacket.

We walked to some double doors and went through. It was another open space, photos lined the walls. The floor was now carpeted. Book shelves loomed. We moved to the right where a glass door stood at the back. We started walking over when a man walked down the isle and crossed his arms.
"Where do you two think you're going?" Lockwood turned on his heel, instinctively I reached for my belt but he quickly put a hand on my waist to stop me.
"Well the rare books section of course." Lockwood beamed a smile.
The guard raised a bushy eyebrow, the lamplight reflected off his bald head.

"Shame. You can't access 'em."
"Oh? How come?" Lockwood put his hands behind his back and smiled all gentleman-like.
"Need a pass incase of theft. So if you can't go to the rare books, then you gotta go somewhere else, mate."
"Thank you sir." I smiled. He grumbled something and walked off.

"Blast." Lockwood stood there angrily and watching the guard walk away down the isle.
"Did George say anything about the pass?" I asked.
"Good idea, Luce." He grinned and got the paper out again, I watched his dark pupils scan over the page, he flipped it over and looked at the back. "Nothing." He squeezed the bridge of his nose, and put the paper back in his pocket.

He gazed around the room, then up. "Right well, clearly, they are prepared for robbers right? If they have a pass for the rare books?"
"Yeah."
"But do you see any more guards?" I frowned and followed Lockwoods eye-line. Looking up at the other levels through their glass panels

"No."
"So it seems to be just that geezer and some janitor." He nodded at the cleaning supplies on a table across the room. I stared at him in astonishment. How did he noticed all this stuff so fast?

"So that means we need to get a pass somehow.." He looked down at me and smiled. "What?"
"Just- How do you do that?" I tilted my head at him.
"Do what, my love?" I felt myself blush and rolled my eyes.
"The whole leader observation thing? It's like some freaky superpower." He laughed.
"Well we all have talents, not superpowers. You're making it sound like im some guy in tighty-whiteys like the superhero's in comics George reads."
"I wouldn't mind." I shrugged, and smiled as I saw a sudden look of confusion cross Lockwood's face before he blushed.

He coughed into his gloved hand. "Right, so how are we gonna get this pass?"
"Well, I'm good at pickpocketing, apparently, so when the guards walks by again I could get it from his belt."
"You saw that too? Do you think that's the pass?" He stared off to the distance.
"It's gotta be right? Usually guards walk around with one pass on them that will open up most of the doors."
"Mh." He smiled and nodded, "Well done Luce, we'll do that."
"Don't congratulate me, we haven't got it yet."