Puzzle Pieces (fluff and light smut)

Description: Lockwood and Lucy finally feel ready enough to get closer with each other (in multiple ways)

Lucy POV
1086 Words

Lockwood's room was always fairly clean, a chair with a jacket draped over it here and there was about as messy as he would get. But tonight there would be a lot more clothes on the floor than just jackets. I opened his drawers and took out a button up shirt, I took off my shirt and changed into his. It smelt of his cologne. I buttoned it but kept the top three buttons down, just so he could get a glimpse of my bra. Then I stripped to nothing but my panties and sat on his bed, and waited.

My heart was beating so fast I could hear the blood rushing in my ears, but then I heard his footsteps on the stairs. He was always much better at walking quieter than me or George, but I still know it's him. I find I memorise those small things about people. All the different meanings Lockwood's smiles carry, or the way George cleans his glasses. And Lockwood and George know things about me too. The first month I worked with them, they knew the different smiles and looks I gave, and what they meant.

I smiled to myself, and took a deep breath as the door swung open.

Anthony Lockwood stood in the doorway, he was focused on one of his gossip magazines, (which was probably why it took him so long to reach his bedroom, even though he has long legs and it's only one floor) a mug of tea in the other hand.

He walked forward, lightly kicking the door shut with the back of his heel. He put the mug down on his desk and slowly started unbuttoning his shirt, I waited until it was fully unbuttoned and I knew the next thing he would be moving onto was his belt, when I turned on the lamp.

Spinning on his heel, his back straightened in a flash, hand moving instinctively to his waist for a rapier or salt bomb.
"Don't freak out. It's just me." I put my hands up. Lockwoods dark pupils darted all around the room, at first he noticed the pile of my clothes, then he looked back at me and took in that I was wearing his shirt. My hands lay in my lap so I was concealing what he most desired, but I knew he was mentally taking it all in too.

"Luce, what are you doing here?" Lockwood murmured, his posture was telling me he was in gentleman mode, but his eyes were deceiving him. Suddenly my mouth was dry, I hadn't really taken him in. And now he stood in front of me, shirt open loosely hanging on his slender shoulders, still in muddy trousers and pink socks.
"Lockwood, sit down." He hesitated, but did as he was told. I made a mental note for that later.
"You've just been so tense recently." I stood up.
"Luce I'm f-" He tried to cut me off but I cupped his cheek. When he stared up at me, his eyes were soft, the dark brown melted like dark chocolate.

"I know you're fine. But I also know you haven't been fully present have you?" He glanced down to the floor, guilt washed over his expression and I felt a pain of pity for him. He looked like a kicked puppy when he opened up.
"Yes, yes, I'm sorry Luce. I put you and the rest of our team in danger because I couldn't focus."
"Well maybe I can help with that?" I brushed my thumb along his cheek, tracing the lines of his face, and smiled down at him. He was so sweet.
"How?"
I shrugged, "Well what was distracting you today?" He stayed silent, only shifting uncomfortably. "Lockwood?" He glanced up at me, guilt once again gleamed within his eyes. At first I didn't understand, then I remembered the way George glared at me.

"Oh." Lockwood looked down ashamed.
"I'm sorry I just-"
"No no no, don't be sorry." I fought to hide the smile that crept along my lips.
"You're laughing!" Lockwood cried.
"Sorry it's just funny! Really? It was me that distracted you so much today? All those random far off thoughtful glances in the kitchen you did?"
"Yeah it was all because of you." I laughed.
"Oh Anthony." I shook my head and leant down to capture his lips in a kiss. I felt his hands snake around me to hold my waist. Hesitantly I sat on his lap, my legs wrapped round his lean body, as I kept my hands on his chest for support. I could feel his heart beating under my hands, his warmth radiated into me.

"How are you so warm?" I murmured against his lips, he loosely kissed me back, instead he was focused on getting to my neck. Our lips connected one last time before he trailed a long kiss down to my neck. Sucking at my skin. I let out a shaky gasp and laid my head on his shoulder. I felt his teeth graze my neck and I buried my face in his shoulder even more.
"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that for." He had a big grin on his face, like the secret ones we shared in the kitchen or the basement during rapier practice. It was just us, only us. He pulled away from my neck and I pulled away from his shoulder, we sat there for a moment staring at each other, breathing shakily. I grabbed his cheeks and kissed him again.

"God if I knew you were gonna be like this.." I muttered.
"Like what?" Lockwood hummed. I pulled away and glared at his smug expression.
"All full of yourself." I pushed him lightly.
"Ah-" He winced.
"What? What's wrong? Did I hurt you?"
"No it's fine just." He stared at me, his eyes melting me to a puddle.
"Just what?"
He shook his head as if dismissing a thought. "You're so gorgeous." He held my chin and kissed me deep, i felt his hands trailing around my waist, down to my thighs. I pushed his shirt off his shoulders, so he was fully bare chested.

I pulled away to look at his chest, there were bandages wrapped round his shoulder, and on his lower chest closer to his abdomen. I trailed my fingers lightly down his chest, my fingers painting over the little scars and bumps of his skin.
"Lockwood," I looked up at him, "You're beautiful."