Bothered

A/N AGAIN, NOT SHIPPING‼️

Lockwood POV
1569 Words

some walk that was.
I thought, trudging back to my room. My head felt light, my breath wheezy. I sat down on my bed and stared at the floor. Closing my eyes, I tried to count to ten. But every time I closed my eyes there were flashes or fragments of memories I'd forgotten. It still wasn't enough. I let out a frustrated sigh and laid back on my bed. I should have been angry, I should have been mad at Lucy. But she was just lost, just like that part of me. I felt colder, more isolated. Hopefully it will pass.

I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes I was in the library at home. The fire crackling next to me. I heard footsteps on the stairs, coming down. I pretended to be asleep as the person walked past. They stopped by the door, put down a bag and walked into the room. I wondered who it was. There was a shuffling sound, and a warm blanket was thrown upon me. It's fluffy sides comforting me. The person stood there for a moment then walked away. I the a front doors lock quietly click into place. And then all that was left was the sound of the fire.

When I woke, it was the day I could leave. The day I would be going back home. I sat up in bed and thought about my dream. There was a full feeling in my heart, as if a piece that was previously missing, was brought back again. The nurse smiled.
"Good morning, Mr Lockwood, happy to go home today?"
I looked at her, "Yes. Yes I am."

I watched the passing trees and cars in the taxi. It felt good to be back in my usual suit. I looked down at the sun reflecting on fathers ring on my finger. There was a sharp pain, the flashing light of a memory passed through my mind.

Dawn breaking, a porch, a Cul-De-Sac.

"Ouch." I massaged my temples, my head felt hot.
"Everything alright, back there, Mr Lockwood?" The driver asked, glancing at me in the mirror.
"Yeah, just fine, thanks!" I smiled, then stared back out the window. What did any of that mean? What happened at dawn on a porch in a Cul-De-Sac? It didn't matter now, it was gone. The cab stopped outside Portland Row. I payed him, "Thank you." and got out. I walked up the front stairs to 35 Portland Row, and opened the door.

"Hello?" I called out, the house was quiet, I peered into the lounge, no one was there. Old worn books lined the shelves. Another sharp pain, a flash of memory. I could tell this was older.

Boxes, I was young and small, reaching for books, a deep voice.

I blinked and stared at the shelves, then shook my head and continued down the hallway. I put a hand on the banister, one foot on the first step.
"Hello?" I called out.
Seriously? They knew I was coming back today, and they're not here? I was about to make my way upstairs when I heard noise coming form the kitchen. Someone laughing, quietly. I smiled and stepped off the stairs, walking down the hallway to the kitchen.

"I know you're in here." I opened the door, and was greeted by Flo Bones, Kat, Bobby Vernon, Quill Kipps, Lucy, Holly and George.
"SURPRISE!!!"
I stood there stunned watching them. George turned around, a massive cake in his arms. "What??"
"'Appy bir'day, Locky." Flo grinned, and patted me on my back. I blinked. "What day is it?" I asked, looking around for our calendar.
"Your birthday obviously!" Holly rolled her eyes and moved some cutlery out the way for the cake.

I stared down at it, it said 'Lockwood' on the top in pink letters. I smiled wide.
"We know pink is your favourite colour so." Kat shrugged smiling.
"Thank you guys, seriously. That's so sweet."
"You didn't remember did you?" Lucy's voice was flat, it cut through the cheery air like the knife George was holding to cut the cake.
"Well uh-" Everyone looked at me, "No, I don't know, I've never really cared much for my birthday, you guys know this."
"Yes but Lockwood, it's a day of celebration!" Holly grinned, putting her hands on her hips.
"Celebrating the fact you somehow haven't died yet." Kat mumbled.