16

"I think that was adorable"

Brooke checked herself one last time in the mirror and skipped downstairs. 
And he was there. 
His giggles had captured the atmosphere as Cory kept adding on to the fuel. 
"What's so funny?" Cory smiled and looked at Brooke.
"We were just talking about you" The older of the twins chuckled.

Brooke's cheeks lit up slightly. Shawn was talking about her in her absence.

"Really? What about me?" She said with a small smile on my face.
"I was telling him about the summer. That trip to Nana Boobo-" Brooke's eyes widened as instincts immediately made her place her hand on Cory's mouth.
"Shut up" She warned.

"Actually...he already told me. With visual evidence" Shawn said with a small smirk.
"He showed you pics?!" Brooke groaned, covering her face with her hands. She could physically feel blood rush up to her cheeks as little circles formed in that area.
"And a video" Shawn chuckled.

"No!" Brooke whined, grabbing a nearby spatula and hitting Cory's head.

"Ouch!"

"You don't have to be embarrassed. I thought it was cute" Shawn's voice had snapped her out of her anger.
"How could you possibly think that? I got chased by chickens and I was terrified of them and I f-"
"fell flat on your face. I think that was adorable" He giggled.

Brooke had a weird expression on her face. She was blank. She wasn't blinking. Her eyes were slightly wide. 
"O-Oh..." She managed to mumble.

"I mean how can something so tasty be so scary" She awkwardly laughed.

Shawn looked away for a bit and Brooke took that opportunity to burn holes through Cory's soul.
"If you do something like that, ever again, I will make sure you do not see the morning light...or Topanga ever again." She mouthed. Cory rolled his eyes.
He thought she was overreacting, but she was just defending her rep from her crush.

"Brooke, honey, can you go get swimmy diapers for Josh?" Amy looks at Brooke with a hopeful look in her eyes.
"It's 7 degrees outside, where is he gonna swim?" Brooke asks, confused.
"In the bathtub. He won't shut up since Shawn taught him how to say pool!" Amy huffed.
"I meant to teach him fool but sure" Shawn shrugged.

"Fine I'll go. gimme the keys" Amy gives Brooke the keys.
"Can I come? I need to buy some stuff Dad asked me to." Shawn volunteered. Brooke smiled a bit with the idea of spending a bit more time with Shawn.
"Oh then I'll come too!" Brooke subtly glared at Cory.

'First he hogs my best friend...then he hogs his own' Brooke thought.
"Sure" Brooke says through gritted teeth that go unnoticed by Cory.

--

Brooke and Shawn entered the grocery store, while Cory was glued to a video game store they had passed.
Brooke rushed to the baby products' isle, and started looking for the diapers.
"Shawn, the baby on this pack is cute. Let's take this!" Brooke exclaimed.

"Dude, you can't chose diapers based on how cute the babies are. Check the absorbing percentage! And see how soft the padding is. His tush shouldn't get a rash" Brooke couldn't help but let out a surprised chuckle.
"How do you know this stuff?" 

"I practically watched your parents raise Morgan and Josh. I picked up a few things" He winked.

Suddenly, they both felt a nasty glare thrown towards them. They looked behind them as an old lady tsked. 
"Kids these days. Back when we were young, we'd be ashamed to be caught talking to the opposite gender" 

Brooke rolled her eyes in a 'here we go again' manner. 

"Excuse me...I do not mean to interrupt...but aren't you both a bit too young to have kids?" Brooke's and Shawn's eyes widen as they stare at each other.
She snaps out of the shock and glares at the old lady.

"We are...very young. But my mom isn't. So she had a kid. Who is my brother. And I'm here to pick up some stuff for him" She said in a sarcastic tone.
The old lady's face turned pale as if she'd seen a ghost. She mumbled apologies and hurried away from the aisle.

Shawn and Brooke look at each other for a split second before they both burst out laughing.

"Man I want whatever she was on" Shawn said between laughter.
"That was insane! She thought we were a couple!" Brooke added, also giggling, controllably.
"Like that'd ever happen" Shawn's simple yet true remark made Brooke's smile fade. She shook the thoughts of her. "Yeah...like that'd ever happen" She repeated, whispering. 

Shawn stops at an aisle and picks out a box of breathe mints. Brooke raises a brow that goes unnoticed by the male.
"Should I take this brand? Or this one?" 

"It's actually for this Tuesday. Angela and I are going to the movies. We might kiss!" Shawn winked in a joking manner as Brooke half heartedly chuckled.
"I totally forgot to ask you. How was yesterday?" No she didn't forget to ask him. She chose not to ask him.

"Amazing. She was different...she was...better"
"Oh. Well, so 2nd week is booked, isn't it?" Brooke asked, pressing her lips into a thin line. 
"So booked. First I thought that going on a date with a girl who I haven't met is stupid. But I think I like Cory's judgement better than mine" He chuckled.

"Angela...I have music with her. She's really pretty." Brooke gave him a fake smile.
"She is, isn't she?" Shawn chuckled. 
"You should probably collect Cory. Uhh...I'll pay for this and be with you..." She smiled, pressing her lips into a thin line. 

Shawn nodded and walked away. 

Looking at him was probably gonna bring tears into her eyes. That's the last thing she wanted. For him to see her cry like a baby. 

She'd never be the girl of his choice. 

Angela was a 2 week thing. 

Then would come along another girl who's 1 week. 

Then maybe someone with 2 weeks. She was never gonna be in the picture...

------------------------

Like me alr, player!