35

"Can you not do this crap when I'm eating slash drinking?!"

"Two dates in a week? Who are you? What have you done to my best friend?" Topanga sarcastically asked, laying on Brooke's bed while the brunette proceeded to remove her earrings. 
"Shawn's a great guy, Tops" Brooke smiled.

"I'm happy for you, sweets" She paused, her smile fading. "And now you even have a third date. Brooke, someday you have to tell Cory." Brooke frowned.
"You've known him as long as I have, Topanga, maybe a few months less. but how do you think he will react?" 

"Not positively, that's for sure. But keeping him in the dark is not something nice, either." 
"I will tell him when the right time comes. I'm sorry you have to lie to your boyfriend because of me. But I promise I'll fix this mess soon." Brooke walked towards Topanga and sat down on the bed next to her. 

"So...when are you gonna make it official?" Topanga smirked.
"Hold your horses! It's only been two dates yet. Plus Shawn and Angela just broke up. I don't think he's ready yet."

"Just? It's been two months. If he doesn't ask you, you should" Brooke laughed. "Yeah right. Like I have the guts" 

"You kissed him, Brooke! You have the guts" The youngest took a deep breathe in.

"Maybe yeah. But everything is going so fast. I mean we went on a date on Monday, then today, only three days later. And now on Saturday, I have another date. I think let's slow down a bit and let's take time to process everything that's going on. Yeah?" Topanga was always a sister figure to Brooke. She was there to listen, give/take advice from her. Today was one of those days. 

"Take your time, sweets. At the end of the day, it is your relationship. I'm not gonna meddle in your love life anymore. We all know what happened the last time I did" Topanga shuddered at the memory. 
"Well, Veronica Wasboyski happened." They both burst into fits of giggles. 

--

Topanga and Shawn were sitting on the lunch table, both of them waiting for their 'partners' 

"So, you and Brooke huh?" Topanga broke the ice, smirking at Shawn. 
"She's amazing" Shawn shyly bit his sandwich. 
"We were talking about it yesterday. She feels pretty much the same."

"Yeah? What else did you talk about?" 
"Cory finding out that his best friend is locking lips with his sister" Shawn choked on the peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. 
"Oh that" He rolled his eyes, drinking his water. "What else?" 

"I was convincing Brooke to make it official" This time, Shawn choked on water. 
"Can you not do this crap when I'm eating slash drinking?!" He said, annoyed. "And didn't you say you won't meddle in her love life anymore?"