49

"I wanna do that too"

"Bye! see you at school tomorrow" Shawn nodded, kissing her cheek. She turned around and entered the house, which Shawn took as an approval to leave. 

"How was your date, chimp?" She was asked by the eldest son of the Matthews' clan as soon as she entered.
"It was great. Thanks for asking" Dumping her bag on the couch, she smiled at her brother. "Is Cory back yet?" Eric nodded a 'no'. 
"He left like five minutes back"

"How come his curfew is 10:30 and mine is like 7:30? Need I remind dad that we're the same age? For heaven's sake, I'm turning 16 in two days and they still treat me like I'm a six year old. Who the hell has dinner at 6 o' clock just so we can spend time? Ugh" Brooke groaned in frustration.
"Hey, you had a good time. Don't let this stupid and irrelevant stuff get to you" Eric comforted with a pat on her back. 
"God, I can't wait to move out." She replied with a chuckle. 

"I'm assuming mom and dad are out?" Eric nodded. "Yep and I just put Josh off to bed and Morgan's playing tea party"

Eric plopped on the couch, followed by Brooke. 
"So...Are you guys like a popular thing at school now?" The younger shook her head. "Yeah right. The most bizarre thing that happened this year was Shawn and I. Sometimes even I have a hard time believing it. Only a few people from our class know, and we told them not to spread it.  We didn't really discuss like an announcement. Wait- what's with the sudden interest tho, considering that it's not negative?" 

"What? Can't a guy worry about his sister? There is no time for good doing left" Eric scoffed throwing his hands in the air, earning an emotionless stare from his sister. "Fine, Cory and I had a bet" 

"There we go" Brooke whispered under her breathe. "And?" 
"Well he owes me twenty-five bucks- oh hey! thanks Bee. You just got me twenty five bucks" He chirped, passing a toothy grin. 

"Wah- Eric! I though mom and dad banned you and Cory from betting on me!"
"Well, they did. But in my defense, it was double or nothing" He screamed, his voice instantly going 2 octaves higher. 
"Well, what was it about" She plopped back on the couch, slightly annoyed but still having the curiosity to know.
"Cory said that you'd show off now that you and Shawn are dating. Like y'know make it super public. He even said that you'd hire a skywriter to put some message like 'Brooke, heart emoji, Shawn' or 'Shawn and I are dating'" Eric ended with a slight chuckle earning an offended scoff from the other end. 

"I'm a teenager, not desperate!" She exclaimed rolling her eyes. "Well, I better hope you were against" 
"'Course I was. I stood up for my little sister. I told that little shit that you're a wimp and you would never announce it" Eric declared proudly, earning a whack from the younger. 
"A WIMP?!" She whined, hitting him in the arm.

"At least I defended you" He shrugged. "Say, why am I right?" His smile was looking to initiate a different conversations that could get him some answers. "It's been six months"