1

"My innocent eyes"

"My innocent eyes"

"You're excited to meet Topanga?" Brooke asked Cory who wouldn't stop smiling, excited to meet his girlfriend.
"I haven't seen her in 2 months! Though, I do hope she had fun in summer camp" She smiled smiled. Cory and Brooke don't have a lot in common. If there's one thing, she admires about him, truly, is his commitment towards his relationship. Topanga and Cory are the ideal role model couple. And she'd want that someday too...

They walked into school after thanking Eric for the ride. 

"Brooke!!" Her and Cory turned around to see Topanga.
She ran towards them as Cory opened his arms, to welcome the blondie but to his dismay, Topanga had hugged Brooke, instead.
"Tops! I missed you!!" she squealed, hugging her.

"Brooke, away from my girl" Cory warned making Brooke roll her eyes.
"That's my best friend" she clarified. 

Topanga went towards cory, as they shared a kiss, hugging each other.

"Guess who's back? yepp! Hunter is back!" They heard a voice before Cory tossed Topanga towards me and jumped.
"Shawny!" They both hugged each other and went round and round in circles. 

"Y'know, Topanga

"Y'know, Topanga...every time I feel like I third-wheel you and Cory...I remind myself that you third-wheel Shawn and Cory yourself" Brooke whispered, as they both watched the boys hug.
"My whole life" She scoffed, playfully.

"Hey Topanga!" Shawn says, pulling away from the hug and walking towards Brooke

"Hey Broo-hohoho...what happened over the course of two months!" Shawn exclaimed, the smug smile not leaving his face.

"Shawn, wrong direction, buddy, wrong direction" Cory alerted.

"Cor, you can't be such a wimp all the time! It's not good for your future" Shawn said, his eyes scanning the hallway.
"Speaking of future, there goes mine" He rubbed his palms together, running his fingers through his brown hair, as he followed a blondie, who was passing through the hallway.

Topanga goes to Cory and wraps her arms around his neck, looking right into his eyes.
"I missed you" She whispered.

brooke smiled, before turning around, and slowly walking away. There was something about their relationship...the happiness that was so contagious that it made you crave for something similar to what they had. 

Brooke never had serious feelings for anyone. To be fair, she felt like no one had genuine feelings for her either. she always wanted to know what it feels like to be in a relationship. she knew it's not always rainbows and unicorns...but isn't it mostly that?

She romanticized everything. Even if it is looking out the window, or reading a book near the fireplace. Sometimes, it's a bad habit. Cause maybe the perfect guy doesn't exist. But as long as he's committed and values the word "love", he's perfect to her.

"I think I'm in love" She heard Shawn Hunter whisper dreamily, as he stared at a different girl. Not the one he followed in the morning. 
"Shawn, it's not love. You can't throw that word around randomly"
"I can't hear you over the sound of my heart beating" He sighs dramatically.
"That's not your heart. My advice, take a cold shower" Brooke said, chuckling as she attempted to walk away.

Maybe no one really values the word "love".

Maybe it's a dream

Maybe I won't find love in a bizarre place.

"Brooke wait!" Shawn called out, making her turn around.
"You're friends with Lily Ronald, right?" He asked.
"Yeah, why?"

"I want her number. y'know...call her up tonight" He smirked.
"Tough luck, buddy. She's seeing Gerald Scott."
"Gerald?! Why him?!"

"Um cause she likes him?" Brooke looked at him with a confused look on her face, wondering why he'd ask such a question.

"Yeah whatever...but can he do this?" He ran his fingers through his hair, yet again.

but can he do this?" He ran his fingers through his hair, yet again

Brooke rolled her eyes.

"Shawn...sometimes there's more to love than pretty hair and chin dimples" She pats him on the shoulder.

"Ok, so forget Lily. But you're available right?" He winked making her scoff in disbelief.

"Not for you, I'm not" She playfully hit his chest, walking away...for real this time.

--

Brooke entered the Matthews' residence from the back door and saw Eric sitting on the kitchen with a knife in his hand, trying to cut the running water from the sink.

"Hey Cookie" He said, without moving his eyes from the sink. Brooke gives him a weird look.
"I...don't wanna know" She said, scoffing.
"Well, so I was talking to Mr. Feeny this afternoon, and he said something about loving your parents "Like a knife cutting through water". I wanna know what he meant!" Eric huffed, getting back to work. She rolled her eyes.

"Of course he did. Well, watch out cause the only thing cut around here, is gonna be you when dad sees the water bill" Eric quickly closes the tap and pops off the counter.

Brooke walks towards the dining table and sees Morgan coloring in her coloring book.
"Hey Morgan" She smiled.
"Brooke! you're back! Where's Cory?" She asked, setting her pencil down.
"With Topanga. Is Joshua asleep?" Morgan nodded, coloring her book again.

Brooke opens the kitchen door and sees two figures, hovering each other. She practically gagged seeing Shawn's tongue down some girl's throat.

"My innocent eyes!" Brooke whined.
"Remind me never to sit on that couch again" She groans in disgust.
"Oh don't mind us. Your parents weren't home" He shrugged.
"And I can't exactly make out with her in a mobile home" He whispered the last bit.

Brooke rolls her eyes.

"Sometimes, I don't like coming home..." She jogs upstairs.

She hadn't seen Shawn in 2 months, during summer. Not seeing his make out sessions made her unprepared for the future ones.

Well, better get used to it cause this stuff will not stop

-------------

🦋