19

"It wasn't just one night

"It wasn't just one night. It was four days"

"Hey. I got you pastries" Topanga placed them on the table. 
"Thanks" Brooke said before wrapping herself up in a blanket. 

"Rookie, you gotta come out! Stop being like that!" Topanga tried pulling of her blanket.

"No let me sleep" 

"Brooke" She warned.
"What?" Brooke groaned. 

"Dude c'mon! There are many better guys than Shawn!" Topanga's convincing skills weren't really working at the moment.

"Yeah? Do those better guys compliment your name and discuss the name meaning with you? I don't think so" Brooke rolled her eyes.

"I can't believe one night changed you so much..."
"It wasn't just one night. It was four days" Topanga gave Brooke a moment to realize how ridiculous she sounded.

"I know what I said" She rolled her eyes. "But something about that trip was magical. It was special. I connected to him on a different level. I always thought we were different. But when we talked, I realized we were like the same person. He has such a unique perspective towards things." Brooke sighed. "Nevermind that. I'll just try to move on"

"And I'll help you as much as I can" Topanga smiled.
"Don't get me wrong. I'm really happy for Shawn. I mean he deserves it. He's been through stuff. I guess it just got to me that it's Shawn's first real relationship and I'm not the girl..." 

-- 

"Hello? Topanga! Why was your phone off?" Brooke asks as she starts doodling on a piece of paper, awaiting the response of the blonde girl on the other line. 
"Hey babe. Sorry, I was studying. What's up, you need anything?" 

"I asked Cory if both of you have any plans today. He said you didn't. So since you're free, you wanna go shopping?" Brooke asked, anticipating a yes.
"Sorry, Brookie I already have plans with my mom. She's taking Nebula and I to our aunt's place. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah sure. See you! Enjoy! Buh-Bye!"
"I'm sorry again"
"That's no problem. Bye!"
"Bye!" 

Brooke stares at the phone for a short while before reacting on her impulsive thoughts. 

"Hey Loser" 
"Shut up! That was one game of UNO. I win all the other times" Brooke says, a sassy whine in her tone.
"Yeah sure. So. Any reason why you called or is my voice too sexy to resist?" Shawn asked, twirling a pen in his hand as he spoke with a small smile.
"Yeah right. Sexy voice." Brooke mocked.

"I was just checking if you wanna hang out. You know...Just you, me and Cory. Topanga is at her aunt's so Cory's probably free. Are you?"
"Oh no, Brooke. I'm sorry but my dad and I are going to visit an uncle for dinner. I really can't I'm sorry."
"Oh that's okay. Maybe next time" Brooke said half heartedly, even though she'd lost hope of them hanging out.
"Definitely next time. Bye kid. See ya."
"Bye Shawn..." Brooke said with a whisper.

She puffs air onto her face, removing a few strands of hair, as she throws the phone on the bed and  walks up to Cory's room. 

"Cor, there's this new movie. Can we both go? Maybe ask Eric to join too" Brooke looked at Cory with a plea in her eyes.
"T-Today? No! Uhh...I have...uhh..."

"Cory you can just say no." Brooke sighed, rolling her eyes.
"No it's not that. I'm just kinda busy today. I have to run some errands for" He paused. "For dad" Brooke nods, with a small pout.

"Where's Eric?" 
"With Jason" Cory said, putting on a sock. 
"Seriously? Is everyone busy the day I'm extremely bored?" Brooke whined and walked out.

"What do you mean everybody?"
"I called Topanga, she was at her aunt's. I called Shawn, he was with his dad and you're running errands for dad." Brooke huffed.

"O-Oh yeah. Those two were busy. Phew."

"Why are you being weird?"
"No I'm not. You're weird" Cory mumbled.

"You okay?" Brooke asked.
"Yeah I'm fine. are you?"
"Cory, I- nevermind" Brooke turned around and walked away. 

"Hey!"
"You're home? I thought you were gonna hang with Jason tonight" Brooke watched Eric toss his keys on a stand.
"I wasn't gonna be with him the whole night. Just a few hours" Eric walked up to Josh and touched his cheek with his own index finger.
"Where's everyone else?" Eric said, his eyes not moving from Josh who was on Brooke's lap.

"Cory's running some errands for dad, Morgan's at Stephanie's, Dad's at the store and Mom's with her friend."
"So you're alone with Josh. Again?" Eric says, pity written on his face.
"Yeah. Mom and Dad get a free babysitter" Brooke sighed.

"Put your jacket on" Eric says, picking up the keys he'd just tossed.
"Why?" 
"Let's go to chubbies'. I'll dress Josh up. You go fix yourself."

"Oh Eric, you don't have to do that. I'm fine"
"No. You look like a single mom who hasn't stepped out in weeks."
"Nonsense." Brooke muttered under her breathe.

"Well, then let's go" Brooke smiled at him.
"You're the best.

--

"I'll go place the order" Brooke nodded and watched Eric go. 

"You look adorable in that jacket. Just like a plushie" Brooke chuckled, kissing Josh's cheek. "Eric's been gone a while" Brooke mumbled to herself, her eyes scanning the room before they fell on...

"Cory? Topanga?" Brooke stood up and took Josh in her hands before walking towards them.

"Hey guys! What're you doing here?" Brooke asked with a confused face as the couple's eyes shot up to the source of the voice.
"Brooke...?"

She realized what was going on and changed her expression. 

"Topanga. I didn't know your aunt lived in Chubbies'! And Cory! I would've never guessed dad asked you to come here for work. Damn!" 
"Brooke liste-"

Brooke sighed.

"Save it, Cor" Brooke rolled her eyes and turned around but a voice stopped her in her tracks.
"Brooke?" She turned around, clutching Josh. 

Shawn looked down as a look of guilt captured his face, but that was barely noticeable because of the jealousy Brooke had in her, seeing his girlfriend clutch his arm. Angela has sensed the awkwardness in the air.
"Hey" Brooke whispered.

"D-Do you wanna joi-"

"No thanks. I'm actully...uhh...with company" She looked at Josh for a split second. "Apart from Josh!" A pink hue painted across her cheeks due to the embarrassment she faced.
"I-I'm sorry ab-" Shawn was cut off.

"I gotta go..." Brooke muttered and walked away and sat in a booth, in front of Eric.

They were in a position where they could see the group but the four of them couldn't see Eric and Brooke. 

Brooke handed a fry to Josh to keep him busy, while looking down.

"You good?" Brooke put on a fake smile.
"Yeah" The least she could do was act fine in order to appreciate her brother's attempt to make her happy.

Although, she couldn't help but frequently steal glances of the four of them, who were giggly and chatty.
How oblivious they were of the fact that she didn't go home and was still here. 

Angela seemed to get along pretty well. She was like a Brooke 2.0

--------------------------

Stop thinking she's immature, please 😭

The book's called Teenage Dream. She's a teenager. And teens are like that when it comes to crushes. 
Her character's meant to be like that...