61

"It's not mine either"

"I wanted to talk to Cory last night. And then I was gonna come to your room immediately, um but, you were asleep by then."

I wasn't. I was pretending to be asleep. 

"Yeah um, I was exhausted yesterday" Shawn's ears perked, at the mention of one keyword. 
"Exhausted? Not tired?" He raised a brow, questioning her choice of words. 
"No...I was exhausted"

"I see" He said, eyeing the other down. Brooke sighed. 

"Look, even if I wasn't asleep. You made it damn clear that you didn't have an explanation. So, I don't think there was any point talking"

"It's not like I don't have an explanation! It's just...you haven't even talked to me in the past 5 days. Heck, we have barely made eye contact. Look, I expect you to trust me-"

"Trust? How am I supposed to trust you when you don't have a reason as to why the hell Claire was at your place that night?"
"Brooke, try to understand. There are some things I just can't tell anyone."

"I'm not anyone!" She exclaimed, running her fingers through her hair, letting a few strands loose. "And secondly, whatever it is that you're hiding from me is at the stake of our relationship. So I expect you to tell me"

"But-" She puts her palm in front of her, motioning him to stop talking. 
"Unless, you're telling me the truth, I don't wanna hear it."

"Alright turn your books to page 84 and keep them ready while I just set up the TV" Turner strides in class with a briefcase and sets his things on the table. 
Brooke takes her regular seat in front of Shawn. 

They all sit down, as Brooke pulls out her reading book and a pen. 

While highlighting and annotating a few lines, she felt a slight force on her chair. Ignoring it, she continues writing. 

"Brooke. Brooke...listen!" Again, not paying attention she gets back to work. 

Another nudge to her chair made her inhale sharply. She swiftly turned around. "Shawn stop it. I told you. Unless it's the truth, I don't wanna hear it"

It's the last straw for her when her pen glides across the page due to the accidental push to her chair from the one behind. 
"Okay that's it" She angrily raises her hand. "Mr. Turner? Can I change my seat?" 

"Wow, I've been waiting for a day like this to come" He exclaimed, making Brooke subtly roll her eyes. "Y'know what, girl Matthews. I'm proud of you. Knock yourself out. Sit wherever"

However, the only other empty seat in class belonged to Mike Kruger who happened to sit on the last bench...behind Claire Ferguson. 
"Awesome" Brooke whispered to herself and sat down. 

"Hey" Claire awkwardly whispered, only to be ignored by Brooke. 
"Um, Can I get an extra pencil?" She gulped, not really needing one but the guilt driving her enough to start a conversation with Brooke.