40

"How do you have all these answers?"

"Seven dates?! Brooke Matthews, you tell me who this boy is right now!" Alan increased his voice a bit as he looked at his uninterested daughter. 
"Why should I? You're gonna overreact either way." She scoffed, turning around to do her homework on the kitchen table. 

"It's not overreacting if I'm protecting my kids! How old is this guy anyway?!" 

"24" Alan's face turned pale as he heard Brooke casually utter the answer. "What? it's just a 9 year gap!" Not being able to keep up with the act, she burst out in giggles. "Fine, I'm kidding. He's 6 months older" Alan's face muscles relaxed, but he still wasn't convinced. 

"Is he someone I know?" He asked, trying to get Brooke to spill. 
"Maybe. Maybe not" She shrugged, shortly sighing after. "Dad, you have nothing to worry about. He's a great guy. No tattoos, piercings or part of a rock band, whatsoever. C'mon, dad, I'm turning 16 in a while. You've got to start trusting me" With disappointment replacing the silent frustration, she rolled her eyes and tried to walk away. 

"You are not to walk away in the middle of a conversation, Brooke." His stern and slightly scary tone made her halt in her steps. 

"Dad, you're overreacting! Seriously, just leave me alo-" 
"Brooke, you cannot talk to your father like that!" Appearing from the stairs with Eric trailing behind, Amy glared at the youngest. 
"Oh great. Now both of you can team up against me." Sarcasm dripped from her tone when she spoke.
"What's going on?" Eric asked, confused. 

"Brooke, if you just answer my question" Alan glared
"What is the question?" Amy asked. 
"I just asked her to tell me who the guy is that she's seeing" He said, complaining to his wife. "But she doesn't want to" 

"Well, honey, your dad's not wrong. And it's not that deep. Just tell us" Amy gently placed a palm on Brooke's shoulder.
"Why should I? Do you guys interfere in Cory's love life? Not valid, he's only with one girl. But Eric! Do you ever ask Eric his new girlfriends' names?! Why me, then? It's unfair! Especially since I don't wanna tell you"

"Hey, why am I being dragged in this" Eric whined, defending himself. 
"We care about you. And I, as your father want to make sure you're with the right person" 
"Why should you decide if he's the right person or not?!" Brooke scoffed. 

"Okay, Brooke. First things first, behave yourself, please" Alan pinched the bridge of his nose. "Second, I don't care if you're 15 or 50, we'll always be your parents and will want the best for you." 

"He's right, Honey. please tell us who is this boy" 

"Do any of us know him?"