48

"I'll miss you being here"

The bright new morning had blessed the house. All Matthews were up and ready, with smiles on their faces--for no particular reason--and energized. 

The Matthews. Not Hunter

"I'm not in the mood. Plus...it's 7:00 in the morning. Are you insane?" Shawn rolled his eyes at the boy Matthews. Obviously it had to be Cory. He knew he wouldn't live for long if he called the other one 'insane'.
"We don't have to leave for school for another 45 minutes. C'mon Shawn, it'll be fun"
"As much as I love basketball. No." He said coldly before wrapping the blanket around himself. 

"Morning" The girl chirped, skipping to Cory's room. 
"Exactly. It's morning." Shawn groaned. "Man, you guys won't let me sleep!" He said, burying his face under the blanket. 
Brooke jogs towards his cot and sits on the empty spot. 
"Good morning" She whispered with a smile, removing the duvet. 
"Bye" He replied. 

Scoffing, she plucks a strand of his hair. "Come on now, Sleeping Beauty. Let's go" With that, she rushed to her room to get dressed before breakfast. 

Alan walks down the stairs, fixing his tie when his eyes fell on his younger daughter. 
"Morgan, sweetheart, Ice cream is not breakfast" He says with a raised brow when he saw a bowl of ice cream in front of his daughter. 
"Shawn says his family has Sundaes for breakfast all the time" She replied to an unamused Alan. 

"You hear that, Amy? Nutritional tips from the Hunter family." Amy set her shopping bags on the chair and turned her focus towards her husband and daughter.
"Oh Shawn is just so-" She stopped speaking realizing that Morgan's full attention was towards her.

"Morgan, honey, why don't you go watch TV?" Amy gently offered. 
"No thank you" Morgan grinned, still focused on her ice cream. 
"For a buck?" Asked, her father.
"Deal!" Morgan says, snatching the dollar from Alan's hand and running towards the living room. 

"Look, I like Shawn. But these past three weeks have not been easy on our nerves or our budget. We have a teenage daughter, Amy. I can't keep catching Shawn in her room past eight, claiming that they are having normal conversations. Technically, they're in a live-in. She's fifteen for crying out loud!" Alan ranted, sighing deeply. 
"It's not his fault, Alan" Amy reasoned, rubbing her husband's arm. 
"I don't blame him, I blame Chet. What kind of a father abandons his son like that? No phone call, card, nothing!" He said sipping a cup of coffee. 

"I'm just glad Shawn has Cory, Brooke and Eric to help him get through this" Amy sighed. 

"OH PARDON ME, ERIC FOR BREATHING YOUR LUCKY AIR" Shawn skips down the stairs, looking up and yelling, frustratedly.. Once he notices where he is, he smiles. "Hey guys, morning"