21

"You're really lucky to have him"

"Isn't it great. All of us on a Sunday night, enjoying a movie. As a family. No one else. Only family" Brooke dreamily sighed.
"Yeah honey, it's actually nice that we're together for a bit" Amy smiled at all her kids as Alan wrapped his arm around her.
"Totally"

"Can I go play with my dolls-"
"Morgan sit!" Brooke said in a menacing tone. More the people, easier it was to get distracted. 
"I hate this" Morgan mumbled under her breathe. 

"Why, sweetheart? I think it's adorable that your sister wants to spend time with us" Alan argued.
"Yeah yeah whatever"

"Can we just watch the movie" Eric said, taking a handful of popcorn from Cory's bowl. "I didn't rent this for you guys to fight!" 

"Hey! Get your own popcorn!" Cory slapped his hand away that resulted in Eric pinching the younger's arm. 
"Stop! You jerk!" Cory whined.

"Boys, no fighting" Alan glared at the duo. 
"But dad-" 

"No buts" He demanded.
"Well, I don't wanna sit in the same room as Er-"

"Guys, please..." Brooke sighed. "Can we just stop arguing for a day?!" Brooke glared a the duo.
"Jeez, chill" Cory put up his hands in defense. 

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Eric asked, a bit of confusion and concern on his face. "You seem so gloomy since yeste- no. Not since yesterday. Since we...got back from Chubbies' that night" Brooke was now alert now that she heard those words from Eric, as she paused the movie.

"Why did you pause the movie?" Amy asked, handing Josh over to Alan, sitting up straight.
"It's nothing, can we just get back to the movie?" Brooke huffed.

"You're the one who paused it!" Morgan said, in point of fact.

"Wait Brooke, are you still mad about that double date thing?" Cory asked, his face screaming "You're an immature brat"

"What? No! I'm not! Eric, I'm fine. Seriously."

"Well, it doesn't seem like it. And what is this double date thing?" Alan asked, glaring at the first three kids. "And I too have noticed how sad you've been for the past few days."

"Guys, it'd nothing. I'm ok-"

"Cory" A warning reached Cory's ears from the father. "What is the double date thing"

"W-Well, Topanga and I went out on a double date with Shawn and a girl" Cory looked down, conveniently omitting the important bit.
"And...?"