55

"You gonna get a hot Portuguese girlfriend?"

It was a bright pretty morning at Flamingo Trailer Park. Shawn was struggling to tie his shoe lace while bearing the weight of his backpack. Virna served delicious breakfast to the two men as Chet sat on the couch, reading a newspaper. 

"Bye mom, bye dad" He said, attempting to leave, only for a hand to grab the handle of his backpack. 

"Wait a minute! Hold on there, young man. you're not leaving this house till you have yourself
a healthy breakfast." She said, sitting him down and putting a plate in front of him. 
"Oh, Mom, there's no time. Cory and Brooke are coming by to pick me up." He argued. 
"Honey, I'm sure they don't mind waiting for a bit.  Now you sit down. I'll just pop this in the microwave" She said, attempting to advance towards the microwave only to be stopped by her husband. 

"No. No. No time for that. The boy's special lady friend and best bud are coming by. and friendship's much more nourishing than any sticky bun could ever be." He said nervously, blocking his wife's way. 

"What's in the microwave, Chet?" She raised a brow, asking suspiciously. 

"Now, Virna, you can continue to ask me suspicious questions or you c-" Before he could complete, Virna opened the microwave. 
"What bills?" Chet said, rolling his eyes. 

"What are these bills doin' in the microwave? They're from the old relationship, but we've set sail on the good ship, new relationship, and nothing's gonna set that ship off course." He tried explaining. 

Suddenly the door opens revealing Brooke and Cory. "Hey, Mr. Hunter, Mrs. Hunter. Good morning" Brooke chirped, unable to read the room. She speed walks to Shawn. 
"Hey babe. I know we did this last night but Happy anniversary again" She whispered, blushing. 
"You too, Brookie" He said, absent-mindedly pecking her lips. 

"Boy, it sure is nice to see you back together, a whole family again in happy domestic bliss." Cory complimented Chet and Virna. 

"Well, aren't you sweet." Chet grinned. 

"If you don't want to see this entire family livin' in an Amana refrigerator box, you get your sorry act together and find some way to pay these bills!" Virna yelled. 

"Perhaps I should wait outside where there's a little less tension." Cory spun on his heels and opened the door only to hear- 

"You spineless deadbeat, hiding the bills in the cat box. I'll kill you." Some random woman yelled. Cory got back in "Nevermind"
"What's wrong?" Brooke asked, concerned. 

"It's the first of the month at the trailer park." He explained.

"Chet." She sternly called out.  "Yes, ma'am?" He saluted. 
"I have been tearing tickets every afternoon at the movie theater so we don't have to hide bills in the microwave, but pay 'em like normal people, Chet." She grabs his collar. "I want to be normal, Chet!" She screamed, rocking him back and forth, and yelling. 

He grunted.