45

"I'll always be there for you

"I'll always be there for you..."

Brooke scolded, as she saw Cory hide his face behind a jacket. "Could you quit your whining, Cor?!" She huffed. 
"How can I? Today we find out: I'm not a basketball player's son. My dad sells fishing rods. Fishing rods are sold by my dad" He said, shuddering. 
"Yeah the same fishing rods that feed you every night" Shawn joined in, stating the obvious. 

"That's not true. We ate spaghetti and meatballs last night. Not fish" Cory defended himself making Brooke smack her forehead. 
"Dude, you've gotta learn how to be more proud of dad. Plus, last year, he talked about spraying cabbages. This is a major upgrade" She argued. 

"You don't get it. You popular kids will never get it-"
"Cor, we're twins, we share a dad!!" Brooke yelled, and opened her mouth to say something more when the bell rang, causing them all to shut up, as Turner entered the class. 

"Oh no. Dad's turn" Cory shuddered. 
"Stop it" Brooke glared. 

"Hi guys. I-I'm Alan Matthews...uh...umm...the father of Cory and Brooke...uh...and I own an outdoor equipment store." The nervousness seemed to engulf Alan as Cory sunk in his seat. 

"Cool!" Some student remarked. 
"Yeah, our family buys stuff from their store. Good quality stuff" Another bragged. 
"Tell us more!" Another cheered, as Alan's confidence returned. With a big smile, he spoke again. 

"Running an outdoor equipment store isn't just about selling gear; it's about enabling people to explore, connect with nature, and create lasting memories. We provide the tools and knowledge necessary for individuals and families to experience the wonders of the outdoors safely and comfortably. 

I used to have a job I hated. Enough to pay for everything yet I despised going there everyday. Until one day, our family realized that we all were equally interested in outdoor equipment and hey! here we are!

So, to the students here today, I want to encourage you to follow your passions. Whether it's the great outdoors, technology, art, or anything else that excites you, don't be afraid to explore and pursue your dreams. Thanks for having me here, kids. John." Alan ended with a smile as claps echoed. 

"Thanks, Alan. That was wonderful" 

"See, it wasn't so bad" Shawn told Cory, as Cory nodded. "I guess" He reluctantly said, making Brooke smack his arm. 
"Ow! I meant...uh...he was great" 

"Next...we have..." Turner's voice was drowned when Shawn called Brooke. 

"hey Babe?" 
"Yeah?" She looked behind to see him leaning towards her desk.