47

"Actions speak louder than words"

Brooke sat on Cory's bed with Shawn doing push ups on the ground. 

"98" He grunted. 
"99" He strained. 
"100" He huffed and fell flat on the floor. 

"Woah, Shawn, I did not know the first number was 97!" Brooke laughed at Shawn's attempt, while the male got up and dabbed his non-existent sweat with a towel. 
"Look, I work out. But push ups are just not my thing." He whined. "Plus I'm resting my body for next week's match. A-string stuff" He boasted. Brooke gave him a small smile before he leaned in for a kiss. "It's after school. You're gonna be there right?" 

"Of course I am. In fact, I'm gonna be the lemonade and towel girlfriend on match day" Brooke winked, playfully.
"You do realize those girlfriends often hot-make out with their jock boyfriends in the locker room" Shawn wiggled his brows, hinting his post match plans, only to earn a glare and poker face from his girl. 
"Boy, don't push it" She scoffed. Her expression and abrupt shift in behavior making Shawn laugh. 

"God, you're amazing" He cupped her cheeks, leaning in for a longer kiss when-

"BROOKE GET OUT" Cory barged in, separating the two. 
"I hate you" Brooke mouthed. 
"My room. You're on my side of the house. Get. Out" 

"Fine. Like I wanna stay in your stanky room anyway" Brooke sassed, scoffing dramatically. "Let's go, Shawn" 

Shawn sat on the bed, his eyes turning from one side to another as Brooke paced in her room, back and forth, frantically moving her hands, conveying frustration.

"And he can be so annoying sometimes. Like can you believe it? He comes to my room so many times and like I sit in his for like 5 minutes and he gets pissed. Stupid Cory and his stupid room and his stupid bed and his stupid stuff-

Shawn sat on her bed, listening patiently as she ranted. But as she continued, he felt a sudden impulse to silence her, to shift the mood of the room. He decided it was time to intervene.
 In one swift and unexpected move, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her, effectively silencing her mid-sentence.

Brooke, initially taken aback, soon found herself responding to the kiss. The frustration and annoyance that had filled her moments before began to fade into the background. 

Shawn pulled back slightly, looking into Brooke's eyes. He snickered at her flustered reaction, enjoying the pink hue on her cheeks that he had caused. 
Brooke, breathless and speachless, spoke. 
"W-Well...that's one way to make me shut up" She said with a small smile, looking down, sheepishly. 
"Actions speak louder than words." Shawn remarked, pinching her cheek.