10

"Nailed the 'Snowball down the hill', babe"

With their ski gear on, they stood at the top of the hill, taking in the breathtaking view of the glistening white mountains. Their eyes shining with excitement. 

"Ready to lose?" Brooke asked.
"I was born read- oh no, wrong timing" Shawn says, embarrassed as he realized what he said. Brooke laughs.
"I'm sure"

The duo, with synchronized precision, pushed off into the snowy paradise. Their skis glided effortlessly on the pristine snow as they laughed and cheered, feeling the rush of adrenaline with every turn and twist.

As they skied down the mountain, Shawn couldn't help but notice Brooke's contagious joy. Her infectious laughter echoed through the air, and her smile radiated warmth even in the chilly winter weather. 

Topanga and Cory were lost in their own world but that didn't stop Shawn and Brooke from being lost in theirs. 

At one point, Shawn decided to show off a little and attempted a daring jump. He launched into the air, performing a mid-air twirl, and landed with a soft thud. He turned around, to see Brooke's impressed expression.

"Holy shit that was good...now my turn!" Brooke cheered.
"You might not wann-" Brooke glared at Shawn.
"Say no more, Hunter. Now it's my time to shine!" Brooke boasted, flipping her hair. 

Brooke tried imitating Shawn, as she jumped a bit in the air, twirling but...

Brooke sprawled on the snow, her limbs flailing in a comical way. A small cloud of snow enveloped her as she let out a surprised yelp. 

Shawn and Brooke both burst out laughing.

"Klutz"
"I just needed more practice!" Brooke defended herself, a rosy hue painted across her cheeks due to embarrassment. 

To impress Brooke more, Shawn decided to flaunt some more stunts.
They both went to the top of the slope again.

He tried doing something more...extreme this time.

Shawn hit a patch of ice and lost his balance. He tumbled backward, his skis flying in all directions, and landed in a heap of snow.

Brooke, witnessing the hilarious spectacle, couldn't contain her laughter. "Shawn, are you auditioning for the 'Skiing Acrobatics Gone Wrong'?" she teased, barely able to speak through her giggles.
"Oh! How could I compete with Her excellence, Brooke Matthews.? After all, you nailed the snowball down the hill, babe" He winked, earning a whine from Brooke.
"I don't look like a snowball!"

"Of course you don't, Brookie. You look like a snowman!" Shawn cheered as Brooke took a chunk of snow and shaped it into a ball, throwing it at Shawn's head.

"Ouch" He winced. 

Shawn hit her with another snow ball. They were in the middle of the slope. Not at the top, not at the bottom. Brooke gasped and took the opportunity to push Shawn down the slope. Him, being a quick thinker, grabbed Brooke's hand so both of them were tumbling down the hill. 

They both came to a halt, their faces a few inches apart as they both burst out laughing.

"You're such a doofus!!" Brooke complained.
"You pushed me first!" Shawn pointed out.

"Okay, now this time. We go on top, and do it without fooling around. Promise?" Brooke asks.
"Promise."
"Put your hands where I can see em'!" Brooke deepens her voice doing an impression of Shawn from a few hours back. He rolled his eyes.
"Rip offs trynna be me" Shawn sassily stated.

"Whatever, let's go!" They both travelled to the top of the slope, yet again.

There they were at the top. Taking in deep breaths. Both of their noses and cheeks rosy pink due to the cold. 
"From here...it all goes downhill" Shawn included the pun.
"Ew dude! your jokes are as predictable as my ski falls!" 

They positioned themselves side by side at the top of the slope. "No racing" Brooke warned. 
As they pushed off, their skis glided in sync, and they giggled like a pair of mischievous children. Fellow students from John Adams High has their gazes stuck on the pair. Some were shocked and some were smiling. 

As they took off, their skis lifted off the ground, and for a brief moment, they were flying. Time seemed to stand still as they shared a mid-air glance, their expressions a mix of exhilaration and pure delight. They weaved through the slopes, carving arcs in the snow, all while maintaining their firm grip on the surface.

The sun had began to set, casting a ravishing orange glow over the mountains. Brooke could almost imagine her kissing someone with this as the background. 

"Omg, it's so pretty. Let's take a pic" Brooke pulled out her camera once again. Shawn pulled Brooke in a headlock, displaying a toothy grin. Brooke pouted and showed the "peace" sign as she clicked the picture.

"Okay students! That is where we stop our crusade for today. Everyone, report to the lodge!" Mr. Feeny announced in a megaphone, earning many groans. 
"Man I don't wanna go back" Shawn huffed.
"Hey, we still have 3 days left! C'mon let's go. And maybe you can kiss someone on the ski lift tomorrow.
"No, let's be partners for tomorrow too" He insisted. 
"If you want it that bad" Brooke joked.

They all headed inside the lodge as Cory and Topanga spotted the duo and jogged towards them.
"Did you guys have fun??" Topanga asked, smiling.
"Course we did! Tops, tomorrow, let's do it together tomorrow. Please!" Brooke whined.
"No!" Cory pouted.
"Shut up, best friend hogger" Brooke rolled her eyes.

"Well, actually Cor, I think it'd be good to have fun as a group" 
"Whatever" Cory grumbled.

"No, I want Brooke to myself" Shawn grumbled.
"And he's back. Y'know, Topanga, when we're alone, he never flirts with me. The moment you guys come around, he's back to being Shawn" Brooke chuckled.

Few minutes later, they all were in the dining room. Famished, due to the exhausting, yet entertaining day.

"I expect everyone has relished the day today!" Mr. Feeny said with a small smile. 
"I for one, did enjoy." He added.

"Of course we did, Mr. Feeny!" Topanga cheered.
"Yeah! This was the best field trip ever!" Brooke said, sipping on water.
"I had fun!" Cory said.
"I did too!" Shawn agreed.

--------------------------------------------

He had fun. cool.