41

"Thanks for accepting this"

Those were the exact words she said. Convincing Amy wasn't a tough task. And once Amy was convinced, all she had to do was talk Alan into it. 

Four days past, and as Amy and Alan were forced by their three older kids to consider Shawn,  their initial doubts began to wane. They started seeing Shawn in a new light. And it was up to them to judge whether or not Brooke and him are really compatible. 

They observed his dedication to Brooke, his efforts to be a supportive partner, and the positive changes he had made. Yes, four days was a short time to decide something. Especially since the point of view changed. But to be fair, Shawn didn't change his behavior because he knew that he was under observation. Heck, he didn't even know. 

"Sweetheart, we weren't entirely wrong...but we weren't right either. We judged him to soon" Alan admitted. 
"And Brooke, you seem genuinely happy with him." Amy added, making Brooke smile. 
"I am, Mom. I really am. And I trust him!" 

"And we trust you, and your judgement" Alan said as he exchanged glances with Amy. "So, we don't wanna interfere with your relationship." Before Brooke could react to the news, he interrupted her. "But, we're gonna have ground rules, to be discussed later" Brooke nodded and squealed. 

"Thanks mom! Thanks Daddy!" She kissed her mom on the cheek and hugged her dad before leaving the house. 

On a particularly chilly Friday evening, they found themselves lounging in their cozy treehouse, as the late evening insects hummed. The treehouse was practically empty except one huge comforter and a bowl of caramel popcorn, placed next to an mp3 player and two juice boxes.

"Why'd you wanna talk to me...over here?" She said, settling herself down in front of the tree house. Through the small gap that they called a window, you could see Cory's bedroom clearly. It was empty and yet the lights were on, brightening the tree house. 
"Simply" He pressed his lips, earning a 'I'm not buying that' smile from Brooke. He chuckled. "You'll know" 

She playfully rolled her eyes, really not knowing what to expect out of her unpredictable boyfriend. 

'boyfriend' that felt good to think. 

With a smile displaying on her lips, she crawled towards him and rested her back on him. He grabbed the nearby blanket and draped it over the both of them. Shawn, with his tousled brown hair and an easygoing grin, leaned back against the wooden walls

"Damn it. School was hectic today" She took a deep breathe, with a tinge of whining as Shawn held her close. She could feel her heart beat fast, still in sync with Shawn's. 
"I know. I could barely sleep. Feeny was way too loud today"