33

"Damn it

"Damn it. It's worth it"

"Shawn what are you doi-" He cut you off by pulling you in a rib-crushing tight hug. She stood there, a bit confused and startled. Assuming he needed comfort, Brooke started to move her arms to hug him back but before she could, he pulled away. 

"Screw this!"
He took a deep breathe. "I like you. okay?! I can't keep it in me anymore cause it feels like it's eating me alive. I wanna get it off my chest. I'm sorry you have to live with the information but it's true. I caught feelings. Too bad, huh?" He scoffed. The consequences of his actions still not catching up to him.

"That kiss is the only thing that's been on my mind since that night and I'm a fool, an idiot, a dumbass for lying and saying that the kiss didn't mean anything. Cause it did. I felt a knot in my stomach which I thought was diarreah but it was you! Why would you do this to me, Brooke!?"

"I wanna be more than friends but you don't lik-" Brooke cut him off, concerned about how he spoke so much without even taking a breathe. He was speaking super fast and just letting out the bottled feelings.

"Shawn breathe!" Brooke placed her palm on his shoulder as he looked down, hiding his face behind his slender fingers. 
"I am so sorry...I don't know what got into me" He gulped and stood up straight. He turned back on his heel, ready to walk away. "Forget this ever happened-" He was prepared to leave, yet not prepared for what would happen the next time they would meet if he were to leave now. He inhaled sharply and touched the window. 

"What if I don't want to?" Hearing Brooke's words, Shawn's motion came to an abrupt halt.
"What did you say?" He turned back, gazing at her with astonishment. 
"I said, what if I don't wanna forget this. The fact that you just snuck in to my room and told me you had feelings for me. And you lied about the kiss being...meaningless. I don't wanna forget that" She gulped, certainty taking the place of her doubt.

"You're so quick to assume, dammit! Do you ever listen to the other person?! I like you, Shawn! I've liked you way before that stupid kiss in that stinky closet! And maybe I assumed too that I don't have a chance with you. It's just a stupid Teenage dream that won't last. Topanga tried to explain shit to me, Feeny did too. But I was blind. Blind as a...as a...Shawn!" She spoke, annoyed and frustrated. 
"It's blind as a bat..." Shawn yelped. 

"Oh so now you wanna make sense!" Brooke took a deep breathe in. "I like you too, Shawn" A soothing whisper calmed Shawn down. 

"Y-You do...? Since when...?" 
"Since a long time" 

"So. What now?" They both took a deep breathe. 
"Shawn. Do you wanna like, try?" She didn't know how to deliver what she felt. Her wording was messy yet she wanted him to be on the same page.

"Brookie. It's impossible. You're my best friend's sister. It's not right" He looked away, not wanting to look her in the eyes. 

 "And you're my brother's best friend. It shouldn't feel right. But it does. It might be wrong but it feels so right" Brooke held his hand. 

"I wanna be with you, so bad, Brooke. But it's not practical." 
"Give me a good reason. Why is it not?" She said, biting her bottom lip. 

"Cory will lose his mind if he finds out" Shawn sighs. 
"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"That's not the only reason tho" He looked away.
Brooke raised a brow. "Then what? Now it just feels like you're looking for excus-" She took a deep breathe. "Nevermind. What is your reason, Shawn?"

"We, just don't belong together" He bit his lip, looking down. 
"Why not?" 

He grabs her hand and takes her near the window. They look down and see a trailer that belonged to some random person, parked in front of Brooke's backyard gate.

"This is where you belong" He points at the room. 
"And that's where I belong" He said, his finger pointing in the direction of the trailer.

"You're wrong. Again" Brooke sighed. "I'll show you where you belong..." She placed her cold palm on his eyes, blocking his vision as he could only see complete blackness. 
He opened his mouth to speak but felt lips crash onto his. They were rooted in place, lips devoid of motion, but still stuck on each other's. Brooke pulled away, removing her palm from his eyes. 

"...with me"

Shawn took a sharp intake of surprise, as Brooke left him speechless. 

He swiftly grabs her by the waist and lets her fall back in his arms, leaning to kiss her. His arm wrapped around her waist, supporting it while his free hand found  its way to the nape of Brooke's neck, fingers tangling in her hair with a gentle urgency. Her own hand pressed against his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heartbeat quicken beneath her touch.

In the soft, dim light, Shawn and Brooke shared a special moment, a moment they wouldn't dare to forget.

They pulled away, out of breathe. "That took guts, okay?" She said with a slight pout. 

"Damn it. It's worth it. You're worth it" He gently touched her jawline and pressed his lips against her head. "Brooke Aurora Matthews. Will you go out with me?" Brooke's cheeks heated up. This wasn't a drill. This was really happening. He was in her room, there was little to no light and he was asking her out.

"As friends?" She teased. 

"No. Not this time. As more than friends. On a date." Brooke excitedly nodded, a cheerful smile captivating her face. "Yes!" 

"Great. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7, M'lady. Don't let the brother know" He grinned. 
"I won't"

Shawn walked backwards, opening the window to exit. He stopped and looked at Brooke at the edge of the window. 
"Brooke Aurora Matthews. It has a nice ring to it" He winked. 
"I know. That's why my parents named me that" Brooke laughed softly, looking demure, reminiscing the time they first had this conversation. 

"Good night, Shawn"
"Night night, Brookie" They both exchanged light-hearted smiles before parting ways.

Shawn opened the window to go out but... 

"What the heck?" Shawn said, looking at Feeny's fence that had a huge banner on it. The words were written in bold 'I, Feeny, the owner of this house have given Eric Matthews an A on one of my 'lessons' assignment' Clearly, written in Eric's handwriting. 

"The day my lips touch yours, Eric will get an A" 

They burst out laughing. 

"I guess you weren't wrong" 

---------------------------

FINALLYYYYYYY