[Fate/Providence: Part XV]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Alister, I-Its really you? Please, please dont let this b-be a lie, it has t-to be you." She thought a glimmer of hope that she doesnt want to be snuffed out within, a hope she wishes was not a illusion that was orchestrated by chaos, does she think that this would totally break her?

Artoria mind was shaken at the sudden revelation, heart palpitating rapidly as she tried to comprehend what she had just witnessed, for days she desperately fought against foe that grew stronger and stronger as the days passed, challenging her and becom obstacles to her goal that she so desperately wished to achieve.

Yet the irony she found amidst the war she had participated, the the man she so love dearly was their all along, mind long forgotten of who he was yet his heart stay true and continue to seek her, all the actions and interaction she had with Caster started to make sense.

The strange feeling that she feels when he's around, the strange familiarity and  longing that she felt, how could she had not realized it? Perhaps the time he and her had been seperated had dulled that sharpness within to recognize Alister.

But she cannot wallow in the fact she hasn't realize earlier that Alister and Caster where the same person, the change in appearance and identity does not matter to her, he was still the same person she knew before and after his death and resurrection.

Yet she wanted to think it was a trick by chaos herself to break her resolve and yet her heart and instinct say otherwise, Artoria knew the feeling when Alister is present and that is something that Chaos couldn't possibly replicate to fool her.

'When one's heart rings true, no lies or fallacy could hide it' as Merlin would often say to her, and she wasn't going to doubt that fact because mostly her mentor was a half-incubus and also an expert in this part of things because he's a philander and womanizer.

(Meanwhile)

"Achoo! Is someone talking about me?" Merlin murmured before being suplex by a white squirrel aka Four, a loud crack resounding within his tower as the mage of flowers cry in misery.

(Back to Artoria)

"This feeling I can't mistaken it, it's truly him." Artoria thought as she watched the vision continue to play out, the revelation that her lover was beside her all this time brought great joy and worry as she realize Alister is currently in pain from having his lost memory return.

And a raging fury surging through her as she realize that someone was trying to harm and potentially seperate them once more, the mere thought of it cause the fires flickering from her blade surge through her as the fur of her Cape change and transformed into white flames that coated her.

Leaving no harm to her but the place she was in was burning away, Artoria realized this as she calmed herself and the flames soon enough become much calmer taking note that it responds to her emotions as she focused on the vision that hasn't ended.

"You didn't die... A-Alister, you b-bastard just how *hic* much have you despaired and made me think that you were *sob*... dead? Not even*sob* leaving a note or a sign of your presence?" Artoria thought bitterly as she recalled when she heard the news of his death, it broke the facade she had held for years.

Days passed there was no time that she didn't regret what had happened, blaming her and not once listening to his or the others advice, her own view of what a king was flawed and it showed clearly when she lost her childhood friend, to knight and then lover only to lose him in the end.