38: Me And Mrs Jones

We woke up early the next day and I got in touch with an event planner.

"Good Day, Ms Tlali."

"Good Day. So my son is turning three in a month and I thought that we were going to have a small affair with about fifty people but turns out the guest list is long."

"How long are we talking?"

"I do not know but we are not exceeding a hundred and fifty people. It is an ice cream-themed party and there will be kids there but it will mostly be adults and we are having a lunch so I would need an ice cream bar and a full menu."

"That is a lot to do in a month but I think we can try to make your celebration happen, the hardest thing is going to be the venue."

"I know, I would like to have a place where the kids could play while the adults mingle."

"Okay, I will look at see what we can do," I tell her the date and time I would like the party to start. She leaves and I head to Darius who is working.

"No, no..." I wish he was not working but no matter how much I try, I can never pry him from that phone and its laptop. "Okay, well, I have to go."

"Are you done?"

"Yeah." he looks at me "What is it?"

"You are working, I thought you were here completely."

"Princess, I am yours completely I am making sure that our home is perfect when we get there."

"Is that it?"

"Yes, my love. I am here." he opens his arms and I shuffle into them. "You do not share me, Bohlokoa, I am all yours."

"Just making sure."

"I know." he places a kiss on my forehead.

The invitations have been sent, electronically and physically.

23 April 2026 at noon. Be there.

We were able to get a great venue with space for two hundred people and a full kids' play area. It is outside of Cape Town but everyone will have to make the drive.

"Hello?"

"Hey, stranger."

"Thato!" I have not heard her voice in years. "How are you doing? What are y'all up to?"

"We are good, I am great and I got the invitation."

"I am so sorry for sending them so last minute but I just started planning it last minute, not thinking about how far you guys live and work..."

"We will all be there, we are excited to see you and your little king." a breath of relief at the news.

"I am happy that everyone will be there and Darian will be able to see you guys."

"We are excited to see him. How are things with Darius?"

"Oh my."

"You love him!"

"Shut up." a massive smile on my face as I say it. "I told him a few days ago."

"What did he say?"

"He told me that he loved me first."

"Ohh, the plot thickens, I have missed out on so much."

"We have to go out for drinks after the party."

"Oh definitely, it has been too long."

"Listen, mmata, I have to go, Darian is trying to eat a rock."