39: Midnight Train To Georgia

We have five hours until the party and the catering team has just arrived. An hour before the party, I will go to the hotel to get dressed and drive here with my boys.

"Can the popsicle go to the corner and the garland needs more balloons." I bark as everyone rushed to get everything ready.

By the grace of all above, we are dealing with clear skies.

"I will make sure everything is ready, you can go get ready." I have placed the gifts I bought for him on the gift table.

I drive to the hotel and rush to take a much-needed shower. Darius got him ready and they are watching Bluey.

Wearing a pastel pink cowl neckline cami dress with sandals, Darius is wearing a white T-shirt with black slacks, he looks good, he makes fifty look good. If he heard me say that he would be so angry.

By the time we are on the road, it is already twelve and my sister is asking how far we are. My make-up took longer than expected.

We walk into the venue and everyone is talking to each other and the kids are playing in the play area.

"Boka!" Sasha screams as she sees me.

"Hey guys." we share a group hug as Darius walks over to his family. "How have you been?"

"We have missed you!"

"How have you been?"

"I am okay, guys, I promise, how have y'all been?"

"I am happy and engaged." Sasha reminds us "You have to come."

"I am happy and single," Thato confirms

"I am happy and here with my man." Lerato boasts

"Okay, I see, we are all happy."

"Sorry to interrupt," he interjects "Princess, there are a few people I would like to introduce to you."

"Okay, I will see you guys, just now." he pulls me away and first, I am reunited with his family. We move on to his cousins and relatives before meeting his friends again.

We walk around the room and I introduce him to my family and introduce them to Darian, who they are all smitten of.

Darius and his friends are outside watching their children play while I chat with my friends.

"So what happened to Tyrique?"

"Oh, he went to jail."

"Really? For how long?"

"I do not know but I do know that he was found guilty and taken to jail."

"Good riddance." Sasha retorts and we all burst into laughter.

"How is the wedding planning going?"

"Well, since I do not have to worry about finances, it is going great. We picked out flowers and cakes last week but I still have to find my dress."

"Do you want to go dress shopping with us?" Lerato asks

"Yeah! We should do it tomorrow."

"It's a date."

"Where is your man?"

"He had something at work that he could not miss," she says

"Does he know that we are eager to meet him?"

"He does and he wants to meet you guys too, and he will."

"He better." Darian comes running to me with tears in his eyes, his father right behind him. "What's wrong, baba?" I look to his father