𝘼 𝘽𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙊𝙉 𝙊𝙁 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

( 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 )

↳ now playing ;;𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

↳ now playing ;;
𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

︶︶︶︶︶︶⊹ ˚ ˖

Gyomei's eyes softened at the sight of you, now fully awake as you gave him your signature smile. you perked up as he placed his hand on your head, something he did so frequently now, it made your smile even wider.

your recovery had went well, the days passing as you stayed within your room day after day, reading books and doodling on pages whenever you got too bored. Gyomei had gone on his own missions after the incident, his hashira duties not waiting for either of you to catch up and actually speak to each other.

you had fallen back asleep after the first 17 hours of creating light breathing, only to wake up to just Genya in your room. his hand held yours, loud snores flowing from his mouth as he slept soundly beside your futon. you frowned at the lack of Gyomei's presence, but you understood regardless.

unfortunately, it had taken you a little over a month to fully recover, your lungs suffering most of the damage from your hard work. which only left you with 11 months and 13 days before final selection.

you were nervous, sure, but excited beyond anything else. Gyomei had written to you while he was on one of his many missions in that time, telling you tales of the demons he had slayed, and reassuring you that he was well taken care of during each mission.

his letters were always formal, consisting of the basics as he asked you how you were doing with your recovery, and that he missed your presence greatly.

the words made your heart happy, and even more so when Gyomei had written to you that Genya would also be entering final selection by your side.

the thought was perfect, in your eyes. having a friend would make it all the exciting, and you didn't doubt that Genya could handle himself on his own if it came down to it.