𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙂𝙊𝙏 𝙈𝙀, 𝙄 𝙂𝙊𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐

( 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍 )

↳ now playing ;;𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

↳ now playing ;;
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐄, 𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

︶︶︶︶︶︶⊹ ˚ ˖

Tanjiro hadn't gotten a chance to speak to you since he had been taken into the Tokito House, and the information he had kept to himself concerning your mother had slowly begun to eat away at him. clawing at the softness of his heart and leaving a lingering feeling of dread in its wake.

the news and knowledge he knew of just how Hotaru L/N had passed, and to know that at the time of her death, you had been nowhere to be found all in the same night had all seemed to overload his brain and heart.

how in the world could he tell you these things?

how could Tanjiro possibly tell the girl he loved something like this?

a part of him, a dark and hidden part of him wanted nothing more than to shield you away from the truth and stories Oiran Koinatsu had told him. to protect you from that heartache because you had already been through so much.

you had been through so, so much.

and Tanjiro didn't want to hurt you as the truth would.

but a part of him, also knew that this was your story. this was your truth to learn, this was a part of your life. just as losing his family was for him. he knew it would hurt, because of course he did.

things like this were never easy, not for anyone.

but the muffled sounds of your cries as you gripped firmly onto his hoari was enough to break him. your tears seemed to seep into his uniform, the darkness of the night covering you both as Tanjiro held onto you.

your body shook, this overwhelming pain washing over your heart as you shook your head against his chest. the steady feel of his heart beneath you was the only thing you could feel, the only thing you wanted to feel.