Chapter 17: Reunion

The gang were investigating a cabin in the woods, as the sun was beginning to set for the day. “Man, this is horrible. This is the ninth victim.” Dean said. “Well, according to the newspaper, the owner of this house, Daniel Elkins died the same way as the previous eight.” Sam said.

“Right, blood lost. All the blood was drained from his body. I can’t believe they were all hunters. And this guy, Daniel Elkins who was killed here, he’s a hunter too right?” Dean asked. “Yeah, he was a friend of my dad's, and I believe he helped John from time to time.” (RJ’s y/n) replied. "He did. I saw his name in Dad's journal." Sam said.

“Damnit. What the hell is going on?” Dean asked as (Slinky’s y/n) noticed something on the windowsill and walks over to get a closer look. “Salt. Elkins might’ve been trying to ward off evil spirits.” She said.

Dean shines his flashlight onto a wooden empty box. “Looks like a gun case.” He said. “Guys, look at this.” (RJ’s y/n) said, who was crouched on the floor and shining hiser flashlight onto some carvings in the wooden floor. “What the scratches?” Dean asked as he, Sam and (Slinky’s y/n) comes over. “Yeah, could’ve been his last shout out.” She said. 

(Slinky’s y/n) grabs a piece of paper and a pencil, rubbing the lead over it, getting out outline of some letters and numbers. “Bingo. Check it out.” she said, handing the paper to (RJ’s y/n). “Looks like a six digit code." she said as she looks at the paper then Sam looks over her shoulder st it and gasped. "Guys, it’s a PO Box.” Sam said as Dean looks at the paper as well. “It’s a secret communication line. Hunters offered used that.” Dean said. "Makes sense." (RJ’s y/n) said.

The gang went straight to the post office in town and Dean opens a PO Box, finding a single letter inside. “To J.W. Guys, it’s addressed to Dad!” Dean announced. “Come on, grab it and let’s get out of here.” Sam said and they run out.

The Impala roars as it pulls into a motel parking lot, stopping right in front of the motel. The gang get out and approach the door to their room. “Guys.” Sam whispered, placing his hand on his brother arm which made the girls stop.

Dean stops and looks at him and Sam nods to the ground. They look down and see the salt line in front of their door has been broken. The gang grab their guns and Dean opens the door, seeing someone was sitting in the shadows.

“Freeze!” Sam yelled as they point their guns at the intruder. “Very slowly put your hands up!” (RJ’s y/n) commanded, but the intruder doesn’t move. “Do it now or I’ll pull this trigger!” Dean growled, slowly approaching them but the intruder still doesn’t do anything.

“Last chance pal.” (Slinky’s y/n) said and Dean presses the gun to the back of the intruder’s head. “Get your hands up!” Dean shouted but the intruder grabs his gun and steals it from him easily.

The gang gasp as they watch the intruder move at lightning speed, getting out of his seat and pointing the gun at Dean’s temple. They stared at the intruder completely stunned for words as Sam and the girls lowers his gun.

The intruder lowers the gun, revealing themselves to be none other than John Winchester. “You guys talk too much.” John said. “Dad.” Dean said, smiling at him while Sam is still in shock that they’ve actually found their father.

“You’re looking good, Dean…Sam. Girls.” John said. “Dad where the hell have you been? We’ve been worried about you.” Dean said. “I sure as hell didn’t think you guys would beat me to it. Where is the note from Elkins?” John asked, completely ignoring Dean’s question.

Dean gave John the letter and he immediately turns on a light and opened it. The gang sat on the end of a bed while John return to his chair, a bag laying on the floor next to him.