Chapter 28: Playmates

(A/N: This chapter is based on the Haunted Hogsmeade Shop mission from Hogwarts Legacy.)

The gang were sitting at a dinner, finishing up their breakfast, when Sam pulls out his laptop and looks through some articles. Sam and (Slinky's y/n) were sitting together on one side of the table, although (Slinky's y/n)'s face was red as she was basically shoulder to shoulder with Sam. So to distract herself, she pulls out her DS out of her bag and begins to play it.

Dean and (RJ's y/n) were sitting for across from them, (RJ's y/n) was holding her mug of coffee as her hands were cold since the weather was getting colder now. Dean was sitting right next to her, his right arm over her shoulder, as he was looking out the window of the dinner, as if something outside would give him an answer. "Hey, check this out!" Sam said and the others look at him.

"What's up?" Dean asked. "Well, looks like this woman believes her house is haunted." Sam said as (Slinky's y/n) pauses her game to look up at him. "How so?" (RJ's y/n) asked, curiously. "She claims that things get thrown around, she hears voices when she lives alone, and furniture moves on its own." Sam replied as he reads over the article.

"Sounds like a haunting to me." (Slinky's y/n) said and (RJ's y/n) nods. "I don't know, guys. Sounds like this woman is off her rocker." Dean said and (RJ's y/n) looks over at him, confused. "We hunt demons, ghost, witches and other things that go bump in the night and you're saying that this woman is crazy?" She said, disbelieving. "I don't know! It just...something about that is not sitting right with me." Dean said.

"But...we help people, don't we?" (Slinky's y/n) asked. "Well, yeah but..." Dean said but Sam shakes his head. "From the way it sounds, this woman really needs help. She actually doesn't live too far from here. So, I say, we should go help her." Sam said. "Agreed." (RJ's y/n) said. "Same here." (Slinky's y/n) chimed while Dean looked a bit annoyed.

"We seriously gonna do this?" Dean asked. "Yes, babe, we are!" (RJ's y/n) said as she gives him a stern look. "But this seems like a very small thing to do. We've got bigger things to deal with!" Dean said. "Maybe but we should still help people out, no matter how small it is." (Slinky's y/n) tells him and he sighs. "Fine." He said, finally, and then others smile.

"But, on one condition, I get to stay at the motel. This job doesn't require all four of us. You three can deal with it." Dean said and Sam scoffs and rolls his eyes while (Slinky's y/n) looks down at the table. "Drama Queen." (RJ's y/n) grumbles at Dean.

"So Mrs Mason, you said this place is haunted?" Sam asked Cassandra Mason as he and the girls sit in her living room. Dean was back at the motel, kicked back and relaxed, as the trio did the hard work and arrived at Mrs Mason's home.

"Oh, yes, ever since my dear husband purchased this ol' little house some years ago." Cassandra replied. "And when it first started, did it give any sort've trouble? Or did it seem friendly?" (RJ's y/n) asked her. "Oh, it was friendly at first. Just moved some chairs here and there, putting away dishes in a nice stack...but then after my dear husband passed away, that's when things got a bit more...violent." She explained.

As Cassandra was explaining the ghost, (Slinky's y/n) notice she was wearing a circular sliver locket with a unique symbol ingrained in the center. (Slinky's y/n) squinted her eyes at the symbol, feelings like she's seen it somewhere before.

"Any particular reason why it might've gone that way?" (RJ's y/n) asked and Cassandra shakes her head. "No, I don't unfortunately. That's why I put that ad on the paper and that, whatchamacallit, the internet. My grandson had to show me how to work that thing few days ago when he visited me." Cassandra explained before she let's out a laugh. "I've had a few other ghost hunters come by to check this house sometime ago but...I never heard from them again after they left. They told me they got some evidence and would get back to me but...nothing."