Chapter 44: Dream A Little Dream

Dean and (Slinky's y/n) enter a bar, looking around until they spotted Sam and (RJ's y/n) sitting at the bar. They let out a sigh of relief as they made their way over to them. Sam is titling his glass back and forth slowly, almost spilling out the contents. While (RJ's y/n) is slowly running the tip of her finger over the rim of her glass.

"There you guys are. What are you doing?" (Slinky's y/n) asked, Sam turns to her and shrugs while (RJ's y/n)'s eyes remain glue to her drink. "Having a drink." Sam said. "It's two in the afternoon. You're drinking whiskey?" Dean asked. "We drink whiskey all the time." Sam grumbled.

"No, you don't." (Slinky's y/n) said. "What's the big deal? You gets sloppy in bars, all the time. Why can't we?" (RJ's y/n) said, shooting a look Dean's way, who stares at her, taken aback by her attitude.

"Okay." (Slinky's y/n) said, grabbing the bar stool next to Sam and takes a seat. "What's going on with you two?" She asked, gently. Sam shakes his head and doesn't say anything. "We tried." (RJ's y/n) muttered, sadly.

"To do what?" Dean asked. "To save you and (Slinky's y/n)." Sam answered. Dean and (Slinky's y/n) stare at them with a look of sympathy then briefly exchange a look before Dean sighs and turns to the bartender. "Can I get a whiskey? Double, neat."

"We're serious, Dean." Sam said. "No, you're drunk." (Slinky's y/n) said. "I mean, where you two are going...what you're gonna become." Sam said, looking close to tears. He scoffs and shakes his head. "We can't stop it." He mutters. "Sam..." (Slinky's y/n) said, softly.

"But really, the thing is, no one can save either of you." (RJ's y/n) murmured. "Well, we've been telling you that." Dean said. "No, that's not what I mean. I mean, no one can save you two, because neither of you wanna be saved. I mean, how can you both care so little about yourselves?" She asked, looking at Dean, her eyes glistening with tears.

Dean stares at her, his eyes softening when he sees her tears. He reaches a hand out to her, but (RJ's y/n) gently knocks it away and goes back to watching her drink. "What's wrong with you?" She asked, her voice breaking.

Sam looks at (Slinky's y/n) for an answer, but she looks away. Before anyone could say another, a phone starts to ring and (Slinky's y/n) reaches into her pocket. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Ms. Snyderson?" A voice asked. "Yes, this is Ms. Snyderson." (Slinky's y/n) replied, glancing to the others as Sam looks away, (RJ's y/n) continue staring down at her drink, and Dean lifts his gaze to her.

"I'm regret to inform you that Robert Steven Singer is in our hospital." The man said and (Slinky's y/n)'s eyes widen in shock. "What?" She asked, causing Sam and (RJ's y/n) to look at her. "He's comatose." The man replied. "Where?" (Slinky's y/n) asked, anxiously.

The gang stood next to Bobby's hospital bed, staring down at him. "So, what's the diagnosis?" Sam asked the doctor. "We've texted everything we can think to test. He seems perfectly healthy." He replied. "Except that he's comatose." Dean said.

"Ms. Snyderson, you're one of his emergency contact. Anything we should know? Any illnesses?" The doctor asked. "No, he-he never gets sick. I mean, he doesn't even catch cold." (Slinky's y/n) said, frantically and Sam places his hands over her shoulders to help calm her down.

"Doctor, is there anything you can do?" (RJ's y/n) asked. "Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it...so we don't know how to treat it. He just...went to sleep, and didn't wake up." The doctor said and the gang share a worry look and then look back over at Bobby.

They track down the hotel Bobby was staying at and enter his room. "So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asked. "Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean said, closing the door as they walk into the center of the room.