Chapter 27: Tall Tales

Sam and (RJ's y/n) were sitting on a couch looking through books while (Slinky's y/n) sat in an armchair, playing on her Gameboy. Dean was sitting up on the bed, listening to the radio and eating chili cheese fries from a disposable plate.

"Dude. You mind not eating those on MY bed?" Sam asked him, annoyed. "No, I don't mind." Dean replied, continuing to eat. "How's research going?" Dean asked them. "You know how it's going? Slow. You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If (RJ's y/n) and I had our computers." Sam shouted at him and Dean nods sarcastically.

"It also be nice if someone, who's not stuffing their face, could lend a hand." (RJ's y/n) said, shooting an angry look at (Slinky's y/n). "Sorry, but I'm too incompetent remember?" (Slinky's y/n) said, not taking her eyes off her game.

"Oh come on, I didn't mean that and you know it." (RJ's y/n) said but (Slinky's y/n) ignores her by turning herself in the armchair and kicking her legs over the left armrest so the back of her head was facing Sam and (RJ's y/n).

(RJ's y/n) lets out an irritable breath. "Can you turn that down please?" Sam asked his brother. "Yeah, absolutely." Dean replied and he turns the music up louder, Sam scowls at him. "Will you turn that crap off?" (Slinky's y/n) shouted at Dean to be heard over the music.

"What did you say?" Dean asked, angrily. "You always play the same five albums. Do you not know any other music?" (Slinky's y/n) asked. "Like the stuff you listen to is any better." Dean growled. "At least the artists are still alive." (Slinky's y/n) threw back at him.

Dean shuts off the radio and looks up, snappish. "The hell did you just say?" He asked, looking like he was ready to start a fight. "You know what? Maybe, uh, maybe you should just go somewhere for a while." Sam said, trying to de-escalate the tense.

"Hey, I'd love to. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's all screwed to hell." He sneered, glaring at him now. "Dean, I told you, I have nothing to do wi..." Sam started to say, but was cut off by a loud knock on the door.

Sam stands and goes to the door, peeking through the peephole. He looks back at the other, then opens the door. "Hey, Bobby." He said and Bobby enters, hands in his pockets. "Kiddos." He greeted them.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean and (RJ's y/n) said, as them and (Slinky's y/n) got up to approach him. "It's good to see you again so soon." Bobby said. "Yeah, uh, thanks for coming. Come on in." Sam said. "Thank God you're here, Dad." (Slinky's y/n) said, hugging her father.

"So um, what didn't you want to talk to me on the phone about?" Bobby asked her. "It's this job we're working. We...we weren't sure you'd believe us." (Slinky's y/n) replied, causing Bobby to scoff. "Well, I can believe a lot." He said.

"Yeah, no, no, it's just, we've never seen anything like it..." Sam said. "Not even close." Dean added. "And we thought we could use some fresh eyes." (RJ's y/n) said. "Well, why don't you begin at the beginning?" Bobby suggested.

"Yeah, um, all right." Sam said and gestures to the bed. Bobby picks up the empty takeout tray, peering at it, then sets it aside, and sits down. "So, it all started when we caught wind of an obit. See, a professor took a nosedive from a fourth story window, only there's a campus legend that the building's haunted. So we pretexted as reporters from the local paper." Sam begins to explain.

📚 Flashback from Sam's perspective🥗

Sam and (Slinky's y/n) were sitting at a table with a stocky jock boy, Curtis and girl, Jen. Sam sets a voice recorder down on the table. "Yeah, we both had the professor for Ethics and Morality." Curtis said. "Yeah? So why do you think he did it?" Sam asked.