Chapter 29: Time After Time

The gang were sitting at a diner, eating their food as Sam was looking through his laptop. "Find anything?" (Slinky's y/n) asked Sam after she finishes her last bite of a chicken tender and Sam types away on his laptop. "I think so. Check this out. A body turned up in Canton, Ohio. A grad student named Charles Durbin." Sam said. "And what makes this body, our kinda thing?" (RJ's y/n) asked.

"When it turned up, the thing was mummified minus the wrapping. And apparently this is the second body found like this in the last couple weeks." Sam explains. "Hmmm, that does sound like our thing." Dean said before he takes another bite of his burger, some of the topping falling off of the burger. When Dean draws back from his burger, his face was covered in ketchup, mustard and mayo.

(Slinky's y/n) chuckles and Sam scoffs at this as he goes back to his laptop. (RJ's y/n) rolls her eyes then goes to grab a napkin and starts wiping Dean's face. "God, you eat like a toddler." She said to him. "Hey, cut it out!" Dean exclaims and (Slinky's y/n) giggles again at this.

"I can't help that this burger is really good." Dean said once (RJ's y/n) finished cleaning his face. "Yeah, but you could at least eat like a normal person." (RJ's y/n) said, smirking at him. Dean stares at her, straight in the eyes, before he raises his hand up and licks the sauce from the burger off of his hand. "You're so weird." (RJ's y/n) grumbles. "And yet, you let me kiss you." Dean points out and she rolls her eyes. "And I sometimes question myself why." She said and Dean gives a knowing smile to her.

"Maybe it's because I can..." Dean said and he leans into her ear and whispers his answer into her ear. (RJ's y/n) begins to smile but (Slinky's y/n) noticed that her face turns a bit red before (RJ's y/n) elbows Dean in the chest. He pulls away from her and chuckles. "Yes, I'll give ya that. You are very good at that." She said. "Good at what?" (Slinky's y/n) asked and Dean and (RJ's y/n) look at her while Sam clears his throat.

"Uh...nothing for you to worry about." (RJ's y/n) replied, quickly, as hers and Dean's face go red. (Slinky's y/n) looks between them until she realizes what they were talking about. "Oh..." she said, realizing.

Canton, Ohio

The gang were all dressed in suits and Dean is holding the police file. "Kids playing hide-and-seek found the body." Sam tells the others. "Wow. Very King Tut." Dean said, sarcastically. "Yeah, so, uh, this is where the eyewitness to the assault lives, but the cops are calling him an unreliable witness." Sam said as they walk up to a house.

"Because?" Dean asked. "Let's find out." (RJ's y/n) said and they knock at the door of a house and hold out their I.D. as a man opens the door. "Special Agent Smith. This is Special Agent Anderson, Reeves and Fishburne." Dean said and the man holds up a hand.

"Whoa. Do you mind if we, uh...My mom's sleeping in there." The man said and he steps outside and closes the door. "S-so, how can I...?" he started to ask. "Oh, we, uh – we had a few questions about the incident you witnessed in the alley." (Slinky's y/n) said. "You just gonna laugh at my story like the rest of the suits?" the man asked. "We're not gonna laugh at you." Sam assures him and the man sighs.

"All right, well, I'm on the steps...medicating... when I hear fighting. So I look. There's my neighbor Durbin, and some dude dressed like my grandpa's got him by the neck, right?" the man said. "What do you mean he looks like your grandpa?" Dean asked. "Uh...Snappy shoes, suit, one of those, um, Justin Timberlake hats." the man said and (RJ's y/n) furrows her brow.

"Y-you mean a – a fedora?" she asked. "Aha!" the man exclaimed. "Did you see anything else?" (RJ's y/n) asked. "This red, like, energy passed through Durbin to hat guy. Even my watch stopped. Durbs...he aged before my eyes. He looked like a raisin." the man said. "Well, we believe you." Sam said and the man nods appreciatively. "Oh!" he said, relieved.