Chapter 36: Loser

In East St. Louis, Illinois the gang were in poverty town, mostly populated by people of color. While the gang was in one of the view open stores in town, a young African-American boy broke the window of the Impala to unlock the door and get inside.

He hotwires the car, laughing when he hears the engine come to life. He pulls the door shut, preparing to take off when his jacket catches fire from the car's wires.

At that moment, Sam led the gang out of the store but stop in his tracks when he sees the situation in front of them. "Sam?" (RJ's y/n) asked. "What the hell is your problem?" Dean asked, squeezing past his large brother.

"Take a look." Sam replied and Dean and the girls look over to see the boy was out of the Impala and stomp his jacket on the ground to put out the fire. He then snatches up his jacket and he takes off, leaving the Impala smoking. Dean stares at his car and screams out in horror. "Holy crap!" (Slinky's y/n) shouts.

While Dean and (Slinky's y/n) was taking care of his Baby, Sam and (RJ's y/n) went after the kid, catching up with little to no effort and dragging him back by his shirt. "Dean, we got him for ya." Sam announced when they arrived.

The boy looks up and smiles, laughing innocently. A furious Dean hoist the boy up by his shirt. "You punk! You better say your prayers! Why you little...!" He screamed in the boy's face.

Sam and (RJ's y/n) noticed the boy had a cut on his left cheek, and they begin thinking of the reason they came to this town. Another premonition, of the boy and two older women cowering in fear in their home as the clock strikes nine o'clock. A calendar is bump by the oldest woman and knocked off onto the floor, the date reading: November 19th. The Yellow-Eyed Demon appears, his glowing yellow eyes cutting through the darkness.

"Dean, stop, it's him!" (RJ's y/n) exclaimed. "Huh?" Dean said, looking over at her. "That scar. He's the one who was in our dream." Sam announced and the boy looks up at him, confused.

The gang took the boy back home, which was a small trailer. All seven of them sat down, where the gang explained what happened to the boy's family.

"We're so sorry for what Danny did to your car." A young woman, Danny's sister Lynn, said. "We can't apologize enough." The older woman, Danny's grandmother Deborah, said. "There wasn't that much damage to the car anyway. Isn't that right, Dean?" Sam said, turning to his brother beside him.

"Not much damage? I'm not gonna sit here and let him get away with this!" Dean growled, glaring at the boy sitting across from them. "Please, I'll do anything you want. Anything! If you just please, please forgive us." Lynn pleaded, in a sweet voice. Dean still looked angry until (RJ's y/n) places a hand on his knee. "Dean..." she whispers to him as he looks over at her.

And just like that, his anger fades and he relaxes, leaning back in his seat. "Well okay, if uh, that's what you want." He said, smoothly, to Lynn. Dean then clears his throat, getting Sam's attention and leans over to him. "So what do you think, Sammy?" He whispers.

"Yeah, this is the place alright. The cuckoo clock and that page-a-day calendar, this is the place in my dream." Sam replied as Danny tries to sneak out of his chair. "Oh no, Danny." Deborah said and Danny bolted.

"You get back here!" Lynn exclaimed as Danny rushes to the door to leave, but he was pick up by Dean, who had him tucked under his arm like a sack of potatoes. "So Danny, quite the slippery eel, aren't ya?" He asked the boy.

"You're awesome. Even cops have trouble catching him." Lynn said, getting up from her seat to stand next to Dean, hands clasp together. "I'm so sorry, Danny's a handful. He behaves a little better when Jake is around." Deborah said.