Chapter 30

Demetri knocked on Juliana and Caius' room door and he waited patiently for her to open it.

The guard would be lying if he said that he wasn't a bit nervous. Juliana had become a good friend of his and he just wanted her to be happy. He wanted both her and Caius to be happy. What if the plan didn't work and they wouldn't get Juliana back to normal? What would Caius do?

After a minute the door opened and there she stood with a questioning look on her face.

"Yes Demetri?" Juliana asked.

"Can I come in?"

She nodded. "Of course." Juliana opened the door further and let the guard in.

Demetri looked around the room. Juliana had clearly been cleaning and tidying around a bit. The room has been a mess after Caius was alone all those months.

"Have you been resting?" Demetri asked.

Juliana nodded. "I have. Thank you. I have just been either sitting on the balcony or on my bed and reading. And last night I cleaned a bit."

"That's good to hear. Do you feel like you have had any of your energy back?"

"Slowly yes."

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I would feel more okay if I could see Caius." She answered annoyed.

"You will see him. Don't worry." Demetri reassured her.

"I just don't understand why I can't see him right now?" Juliana raised her voice a bit.

"It's complicated Juliana."

"Is he here in this castle?"

"Yes but-"

"So why can't I see him? If you don't tell me where he is I will go and find him myself."

"You can't find him, Juliana."

"What do you mean I can't find him?"

"Would you believe me if I told you that you wouldn't recognise him even if you did find him?"

Juliana scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't recognise him? Do you think I'm that stupid Demetri? You're saying I wouldn't recognise my own mate and fiance."

"I know you don't believe what I'm saying next but we think you have a memory lost after trauma."

"A what?"

"Carlisle believes that you do. He made the diagnosis."

"They are back home? You have called him." Juliana's eyes widened slightly from the thought that she could now speak with Jasper. There were only two things she wanted right now; to be with Caius and to speak with Jasper.

Demetri nodded. "And now me and someone else want to talk with you about this."

"Who?" Juliana raised her eyebrow.

"You might not like it."

"No." Juliana shook her head when she realized who he meant. "He's still here isn't he? I'm not talking to him. Why is he even here in the first place? You still haven't told me."

"Juliana, I only want the best for you. And maybe if you talk with him it will get better."

"I'm not talking to him." She said sternly.

"He's not who you think he is. I will be right next to you the whole time. I'm not leaving you two alone but please you need to talk with him."

"Do you promise you will be there the whole time?"

"I promise." Demetri nodded and flashed her a small smile.

"Fine. I'll talk to him." Juliana rolled her eyes. "But if he tries anything I will leave immediately."

"Thank you. I promise you he won't do anything. " Demetri smiled in relief. "He's waiting for us in the library."