Episode 3 Chapter 3

"Okay. Hands on the wheel at ten and two," Kira instructed.

"Actually, the recommended position is now nine and three," Lydia corrected.

"Yeah," Cassie agreed. "A deployed airbag could break your thumbs if kept at ten and two."

"Mine would heal," Malia tried to reason.

"Save your strength," Lydia advised. "And try not to destroy your beautiful new car. Nine and three."

Lydia moved the were-coyote's hands to the recommended position. Malia then started the ignition, making the anxiety in everyone rise higher. She hesitated for a moment before moving her foot from the brake to the gas pedal and pressing onto it.

"Alright. Just ease into it," Kira guided. "Good. Good. Okay. There you go."

"Please shut up," Malia replied.

"No problem. Shutting up."

Cassie snorted, causing Kira to turn to her with an annoyed look. Cassie simply just shrugged at her, making her shake her head with a small smile tugging on her lips.

"Malia, go the other way," Cassie said, noticing that the car was drifting off the road. "Malia, other way. We're getting off the road."

"Malia, this is not the road," Lydia spoke.

"Turn the steering wheel so we can get back on the road," Cassie instructed.

"Other way," Kira urged.

"Malia, please go the other way," Lydia commanded.

"What is that? What is beeping?" Malia asked, hearing a strange beeping noise coming from the car.

"The car's telling you not to run into the tree," Lydia replied.

"Malia! Please turn the wheel. If you don't, Lydia's probably gonna kill you if you wreck your new car," Cassie commented.

"Malia!" Lydia screeched.

Malia finally turned the wheel and started driving the car back on the road.

The rest of the girls sighed in relief.

"Try to stay on the actual road," Kira advised.

The car went back on the road, but instead of going straight, the car kept turning in circles.

"Okay, sure. Uh, this is called a U-turn," Kira informed.

"I thought they were called donuts," Cassie said, looking at Kira in confusion.

"You guys said to turn the wheel."

Malia drove a few more circles to the point where the girls were starting to feel a small headache from the dizziness.

"Maybe you should press a little harder on the gas," Lydia said, turning to the brunette girl.

Her advice worked as the car started to go straight again.

"Okay, turn up here," the strawberry-blonde instructed. "No, no, no, slowly, slowly."

She then pressed on the brake, causing everyone to move forward from their seats.

Lydia sighed, starting to get frustrated. "Go."

Malia moved her foot from the brake to the gas pedal, moving the car once again. The car was moving a bit fast, but thankfully, there was nobody out there with them.

"Anybody want to tell me where we're going?" Malia questioned as she kept her eyes on the road.

"The school. We can finish with parking practice at the lot," Lydia replied.