Episode 12 Chapter 48

"Major Delane is my contact at Camp Robertson," Argent informed. "I'm surprised he didn't tell me about the change in protocol."

"Well, the major got promoted and was promptly shipped overseas," the man in front said.

"Ah. Didn't know the army worked that fast."

The man chuckled. "They do when they want to."

Argent's friendly grin was soon wiped off into an intimidating stare. "The major's not Army. He's a marine."

The man's grin was soon wiped off as well. He glanced towards the other men pretending to be in the army with his gun clutched in his arms. Argent clenched his jaw.

"Who sent you? Who's buying all this weaponry?"

"We don't need to have a situation," the man replied in a stern tone.

"We already do. See, I don't sell to weekend warriors. You want these guns; you'll answer my question."

"We're taking the guns," the man stated. "And the ammo, and the crates."

He aimed his gun at Argent, leading all the other men to do the same thing with their guns. Argent glanced down at the weapon and then back at him.

"If you knew anything about guns, you'd know they're not loaded," Argent said, a bit of cockiness in his tone.

The man narrowed his eyes at him before taking out the case that was supposed to store bullets and loaded the gun; the other men doing the same.

Argent glanced to his side, seeing his inside man give him a nod. He turned back to the fake army men and watched them with a relaxed, but intimidating stare.

"We brought our own," the man leading said as he aimed his gun at Argent again.

Argent held his poker face. "And I always have my backup plans."

Suddenly, Argent's inside man was being knocked onto the ground with a series of thuds and grunts. They all turned to him, including Argent, and saw Scott, Cassie, and Malia standing by him.

Malia put her foot against the man's chest, forcing him to stay down. Cassie muttered a spell under her breath, making the man knock out immediately.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Argent exclaimed.

"We're your backup," Scott replied with a determined look in his eyes.

"I had two backup plans."

"Who?" Malia questioned, not believing him.

"You're standing on one of them."

The three of them looked down at the now unconscious man as they flushed in embarrassment. Malia quickly took her foot off the man's chest, stepping back a bit.

The fake army men then turned their attention back to Argent as well as their aim. Argent sent them a sarcastic smile as his fingers grazed over the buttons of a remote.

"Get down!" he shouted.

The three of them quickly went hid behind something as the men just started to shoot around, hoping to hit at least one of them.

Cassie hid behind the same pillar as Malia. She shut her eyes tightly as the rapid gunshots went off. She was really starting to hate guns.

Malia's arms were around her, seeming as though she were trying to protect her from getting shot as she wasn't like her or Scott and wouldn't supernaturally heal. Cassie just held onto her arms and repeated her healing spell in her mind in case one of them really did get hurt.