Episode 8 Chapter 40

Cassie walked into the sheriff's station where Scott had called her to meet. She looked around, furrowing her brows when she saw that it was practically empty.

"Hey, Rosie," a familiar voice said.

She froze in her tracks, immediately recognizing the voice. The wretched voice she tried to forget existed. The wretched voice she almost forgot about up to that very moment.

Theo.

She looked to her right where the holding cells were and finally saw his figure. He leaned against the bars as he looked at her with a somewhat smug expression. But as always, she saw past it and noticed the small softening of his eyes when she looked back at him.

But she felt nothing for him. Maybe a bit of guilt since she knew somewhat of what he went through in his prison hell. But as she looked at him, her icy blue eyes showed nothing but coldness towards him.

"What the hell did I miss?" she spoke, hearing another pair of footsteps coming up to her, as she kept her eyes on Theo.

She looked straight ahead of her, pulling her gaze away, and saw Scott. She shifted her stance from one leg to the other as she crossed her arms and raised a questioning eyebrow at Scott.

He sighed. "Surprisingly, not a lot."

--

Cassie furrowed her brows, her mouth slightly agape, as she processed what Scott, Liam, and Malia had just told her, Lydia, and apparently Peter.

"You're going to bite Stiles?" the witch questioned in a hesitant tone.

Scott looked up at her and nodded slowly. "To get him through the rift. It's the only way."

"Just to clarify..." Peter spoke up, walking towards the pack of teenagers. "Are you planning to bite everyone in the train station?"

"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan," Scott answered as he kept his eyes down on the desk he was leaning on.

Malia nodded in agreement. "He's good at that."

Peter started to pace back and forth in the room. "So, the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan?"

"You can shut up now," Malia retorted.

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills. If they take us, Cassie and Lydia will be the only ones left to haunt the place. And knowing the 'Oh Great and Selfless Cassie', she'll probably die trying to keep Lydia sane," he deadpanned.

Cassie narrowed her eyes at him, feeling offended by his comment. He wasn't wrong, but she was still offended.

"That's why I'm the only person going in," Scott replied. "Liam and Hayden will stay with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on."

"I like your plan, Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles. But it can't work," Peter said pessimistically.

"How do you know?" Malia replied.

"Logic. Life experience," he answered as if it were obvious. "Liam, what are the odds that he'll be taken? What if Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"

Liam narrowed his eyes at him. "You got a better idea?"

"Yeah. It's called 'run like hell'," he deadpanned before turning to Malia. "So, leave in five?"

Malia walked up to him. "You promised you'd help us. We still need to find the rift."

Peter shook his head. "I didn't promise to help you commit suicide."